Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay fee's Question

Options
  • 10-09-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey Guys,

Just got my ebay charges for last month (34.00eur) and up until now i didn't realize that if an item doesn't sell after re listing they hit you with charges.
    Granted, I'm just starting out selling DVDs and a few video games and am willing to learn from my mistakes but don't fancy these hefty charges every month!!
    Does anybody have any tips on how to keep these charges inline?.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Hey Guys,

Just got my ebay charges for last month (34.00eur) and up until now i didn't realize that if an item doesn't sell after re listing they hit you with charges.
    Granted, I'm just starting out selling DVDs and a few video games and am willing to learn from my mistakes but don't fancy these hefty charges every month!!
    Does anybody have any tips on how to keep these charges inline?.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Take a look on the ebay fees page - linked here.

If your a private seller and just looking to get rid of the items perhaps start the listing at €1.45... Thats free to list. If possible or appropriate start other listings at just below the threshold for the next insertion fee.

Ensure you list in the right category. DVDs are media, so you pay 9% Final Value fee instead of 10%, and they have a lower insertion fee (15c for any starting price above €1.49 vs 25c or above).

Dont be tempted to keep relisting a single item that wont sell. In the end you will have paid its value in ebay fees.

If your selling DVDs etc on a medium/large scale consider an ebay shop. The fees are IIRC lower, but I cant find them handy, and this may no longer be the case. There is however a monthly subscription charge.

Advertisement