Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football clubs in Limerick

Options
  • 10-09-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi i am 23 and i have never played soccer before but i want to join a club now in limerick city. does anyone know which club i should join and how to go about it? as in which club in the city would be most suitable for beginner? and a contact number be helpful if any one knows one. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

Here is a website that may help http://www.limericksoccer.com/ . Go to the tables and see if there is a lower league team in your area . I guess a club with a 'C' team might be good for a beginner , though even the lower leagues can be quite competitive .
    Im sure many teams would be happy to let you sign and train with them but as a beginner you may not get a game very often .

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Do you mean you have litteraly never played soccer or just soccer for a team?
    Big difference between the two if youve never played at all youd be better off getting into a 5 aside league or astro league etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

agreed punto. You would be playing against lads who have been playing competitive soccer since they were kids.

Tag rugby might be an option for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

What part of the city are you in OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

@OP I only played my 1st ever game of 11 a side 6 weeks ago and I'm 24!

I've been playing astro/indoor for the past 2 years, but it's never too late! If you are fit, then you have a massive advantage.

I'm not exactly Lionel Messi, but I'm pretty fast and far fitter than everyone else on our team and it's such a massive help (most junior soccer players dont tend to be very fit , especially in our league - 2B). it depends on where you are based really as to what team to join.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    agreed punto. You would be playing against lads who have been playing competitive soccer since they were kids.

Tag rugby might be an option for you?

if you are going up against teams in higher leagues (1a, 1b) then you'd be in trouble but an awfully high amount of lads i know playing in leagues any lower than that and that were playing since childhood are still useless! it's never too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

i just want to play for fun.. i dont care about anything else... do u have the number for geraldines fc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

i just want to play for fun.. i dont care about anything else... do u have the number for geraldines fc

If your playing for a laugh Geraldines is prob not the club for you, currently their A team are one of the top teams in 1A and favourites to be premier next season and their B team are also one of the top teams in their division. There are loads of clubs lower down the leagues with people playing for the laugh and enjoying training even if they can't get full games. For instance I'm playing for a team in division 4 with 31 players signed, most will not get many games if any and just enjoy being part of the team and club and training.

ya but geraldines has also a c team... jofspring what team do u play for? i may join them.. and also i am in great shape so and im very fit so im playing for the laugh but also to get fitter and to get games.. do u get many games? and what days u train let me know how i can join thanks .:)

ya but geraldines has also a c team... jofspring what team do u play for? i may join them.. and also i am in great shape so and im very fit so im playing for the laugh but also to get fitter and to get games.. do u get many games? and what days u train let me know how i can join thanks .:)
    What part of town are you in?

• Advertisement

Are the nightowls leagues still running?

i never heard of the nightowls league? i heard people from boards go and play soccer every monday any of ye play that. im gonna try it out next monday

from north side of limerick city why

Advertisement