Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimmu Borgir - Academy - Nov 29th :-)

Options
  • 10-09-2011 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

DIMMU BORGIR: FIRST EVER SHOWS IN IRELAND ANNOUNCED!
    by Dimmu Borgir on Friday, September 9, 2011 at 7:18pm

DIMMU BORGIR are pleased to announce their first ever performances on Irish soil! Confirmed dates are as follows:

28 Nov 11 - Belfast - Spring and Airbrake

BUY TICKETS: http://www.cdcleisure.net/

29 Nov 11 - Dublin - Academy

BUY TICKETS: http://www.theacademydublin.com/

The shows will be a part of their intimate club tour of the U.K. which now includes the Republic of Ireland. There will be no support band and DIMMU BORGIR will perform two sets. The first set will be a full album in its entirety as chosen by the fans and the second set will include a variety of DIMMU classics.

U.K. fans can vote for the following three albums on DIMMU’s official Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/questions/10150354301986042/

A) 1994’s For All Tid

B) 1996’s Stormblåst

C) 1997’s Enthrone Darkness Triumphant

Confirmed U.K. tour dates are as follows:

14 Nov 11 - Brighton - Concorde 2

15 Nov 11 - Colchester - Arts Centre

16 Nov 11 - Norwich - Waterfront

18 Nov 11 - Glasgow - Classic Grand

19 Nov 11 - Leeds – The Cockpit

20 Nov 11 - Cardiff - Great Hall 2

21 Nov 11 - Stoke – Sugarmill

23 Nov 11 - London – Islington Academy

24 Nov 11 - Nottingham - Rescue Rooms

25 Nov 11 - Manchester - Academy 3

26 Nov 11 - Birmingham - 02 Academy 2

Tickets are VERY limited and are on sale now!

Members of the band would like to remind everyone that all upcoming confirmed DIMMU BORGIR shows are posted on the band’s official websites.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh... my... GOD!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

nicceee. too bad some of their new stuff is somehwhat ****e.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Might go to this if I can get the time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Cill94 wrote: »
    nicceee. too bad some of their new stuff is somehwhat ****e.

yeh Cill but the important part is :-

A) 1994’s For All Tid

B) 1996’s Stormblåst

either way we get a classic album in the set.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Awesome! This will be awfully grim, ah fuck off exams! >:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, what album would others like? Personally I'm going with EDT.

NIBBS wrote: »
    yeh Cill but the important part is :-

A) 1994’s For All Tid

B) 1996’s Stormblåst

either way we get a classic album in the set.......

true dat. I'd go for the experience itself of seeing them live anywho. If i can get the money together that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Great news
    What a week, Dimmu on the Tues, Cynic on the Sat and Crashdiet on the Sun

EDT I think for me aswell.....but I'll be happy with any of the 3 of them and again as Cill said I'd be there for the experience anyway.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

How are they going to fit them all on the stage?

• Advertisement

tickets on sale now on Ticketmaster.......

sorted :D

Nea wrote: »
    Great news

when/where are Cynic playing?

saw them supporting Opeth and they were AMAZING :D

Links234 wrote: »
    Nea wrote: »
    Great news

when/where are Cynic playing?

saw them supporting Opeth and they were AMAZING :D
    Cynic are playing The Village Dec 3rd
    Enthrone all the way on the Dimmu front!

oh wow, that's news! lots of amazing bands playing soon :D I'm kinda afraid I won't go to all of them :o

A vote for Enthrone from me too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

My GF just got me tickets for this. So excited!!!

Hmm... Enthrone or Stormblast?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Damn mid-week gigs! Oh well, I guess another road-trip to Dublin awaits. At least I can console myself with the fact that the journey is a lot less painful than it used to be :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SteveFoley

Hey guys. I'm sure yee all know how awesome it is that DB are finally in Ireland. I want to go, but I wont be 18 until next July.. Just wondering - should I chance it? I went to Bodom last April, and that was over 14s, with under 18s needing adult company, but I'd say this is a bit more strict.. Opinions??

SteveFoley wrote: »
    Hey guys. I'm sure yee all know how awesome it is that DB are finally in Ireland. I want to go, but I wont be 18 until next July.. Just wondering - should I chance it? I went to Bodom last April, and that was over 14s, with under 18s needing adult company, but I'd say this is a bit more strict.. Opinions??

I'm in the same position as you. i wanted to go to Primordial this month but that was also 18s and ID required and reckoned it wasn't worth paying for the ticket and then potentially being refused at the door. I don't know if they actually always check ID at the door or if it's even that strict at all. Luckily I have a friend who knows a guy working in DME who can get us into the Gorgorth|Vader show. Plus he's in a band so he gets in no prob anyway.

But yeah, I'd also be interested to know how strict they are about age at these events. I reckon if I didn't shave for 2 or 3 weeks before I could get away with it :P

With the Academy it's kinda risky. I was there for Cannibal Corpse before, and it was 18s and they were checking quite a few people's IDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I think it depends on the band too - I'm 18 but look much younger, I didn't get ID'd at Neurosis (cause I suppose the bouncers aren't on red alert for tweens mad into sludge!) but it was very strict for Dillinger (more likely to have a younger audience). With DB, they might be a bit relaxed.
    Borrow someone's ID but you probably wont need it and if you do get refused, you can always sell it last minute for slightly under the ticket price.

TL;DR - the risk is worth the return!

• Advertisement

I suppose I'd never thought of scalping the tickets if I were to be refused. I wouldn't bother getting an ID as I'm 18 in just a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

You could just buy your ticket on the door on the night. I don't expect this to be a sell out.

If you don't have commute for miles if you're from outside Dublin, give it a shot. However I would imagine the chances of you getting in are slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Just back from the Belfast gig! Thoroughly enjoyed myself. You guys heading to Dublin are in for a treat :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aeternitas

Enjoy this you lucky feckers. I cannot attend sadly.

Savage gig. It was better than I expected.
    The beginning of In Deaths Embrace was a bit ropey but it picked up. Great to hear Entrance and Raabjorn live.

Good atmosphere, the crowd was friendly and up for it. Great to finally see Dimmu

that was without doubt the best moment of the gig Oscar Mike :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Hmm.. black metal in the modern day isn't it just soulless watered down all-ages cosplay?

Advertisement