Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

myjob.ie breach

Options
  • 10-09-2011 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

i got an email from the webmaster at myjob.ie notifying me of a security breach and my details may have been compromised.

thats fine, however i never registered with myjob.ie. Is it ok for them to complile info from other sites i may have registed with but they call the guards if someone takes it from them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

They don't take your details from anywhere, you probably registered ages ago and forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Can you forward me a copy of the email via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭obviousTroll

Can you forward me a copy of the email via PM?
    please forward it to me also if possible. Please include the email headers if you know how to. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Renovatio

I didn't remember that I have an account over there as well.

Anyway, they sent me the same email.
    What I found out in the process is that they keep passowrds as CLEAR-TEXT. They are NOT encrypted. So whoever got access to the database can easily read what password you have used, what login name and what email address.

I suggest everyone to either remove/change account/passowrd on this portal and also
    change it on every other portal where you use similar (or same) passowrd.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

I got the same e-mail .....cant remember using that web site before :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Renovatio

Just go to the site and click on "forget my password". You will receive an email so you can log in to your account.

May be when you will look at your account it will remind you when did you crete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

i am pretty sure (>99%) i never registered with them before. i never delete my emails and a search of my email account for 'myjob' didnt show up anything except the recent email. i tried the forgotten your password thing and i havnt received a password reminder yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

have a look at the internet headers...you will be surprised to see that the email is originated somewhere from ... nowhere !

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭obviousTroll

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0909/myjob.html

There was a data breach on their site alright. Best advice is to change all relevant passwords.

Advertisement