Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do all current orders from Online Store ship with OSX Lion?

Options
  • 09-09-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone on here has ordered a MacBook Pro from the Online Store recently, and if so did your order come with Lion installed?

I assumed they all would but just been looking through and it seems like only the newer products that were released side by side with Lion actually ship with it. I know about the up to date programme etc. and the thumb drives from the store.

But as I've a low download cap with my mobile broadband downloading from the app store might be a problem. And I don't want to have to wait to update. I'd rather set up my mac from day one with Lion.

My MacBook will be a custom configuration if that makes any difference.

Hopefully ordering in the next 7 days so I'm trying to find out before I do.

Any help would be appriciated,

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

not being a smartarse but why not ask apple?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

RGDATA! wrote: »
    not being a smartarse but why not ask apple?

Coz that's what forums like this is for :D I didn't think of asking Apple to be honest I think most people just use places like this for their questions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not sure, but I'd imagine most new Macs (i.e. not refurbs) should be shipping with Lion by now. But there might still be a few with SL. Any BTO models will almost certainly have Lion on them.

I'm not sure, but I'd imagine most new Macs (i.e. not refurbs) should be shipping with Lion by now. But there might still be a few with SL. Any BTO models will almost certainly have Lion on them.

Yep I thought so too but then I was on the online store and seen it disnt specify "shipped with lion". But they had details on the "up to date" programme. So i'm not sure. Either way i'll still be ordering one but wanna plan ahead.

Hopefully because it's BTO it will ship with it. I'm changing to a 500GB 7200rpm HDD too so maybe that'll stand in my favour :D

Just went into the tech specs of the MacBook Pro and under the software section it actually does say OSX Lion as the shipped software. So hopefully with a bit of luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The BTO models should definitely have it. They don't make you wait 2 weeks for nothin'. Most of them aren't long off the assembly line.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Any new system will have Lion on it. Not sure about refurbished older models.

The BTO models should definitely have it. They don't make you wait 2 weeks for nothin'. Most of them aren't long off the assembly line.

BTO models ship in 3 days if I'm not mistaken?? Hope it's not two weeks anyway. That's a long oul wait. I've order a BTO Mac Mini earlier this year and it took around 1 week altogether to arrive I think.

Yeah but they can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. They are usually coming from Singapore.

Yeah but they can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. They are usually coming from Singapore.

**** buzz :( Hopefully I'll get fast shipping.

• Advertisement
Advertisement