Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3 problem

Options
  • 09-09-2011 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

Any time I try getting the command box up using the tilde key nothing works,theres no infrared on my laptop from what ive googled this seems to be a common problem,ive tried using ctrl and the tilde key which is doubled with the # key on my laptop any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Any time I try getting the command box up using the tilde key nothing works,theres no infrared on my laptop from what ive googled this seems to be a common problem,ive tried using ctrl and the tilde key which is doubled with the # key on my laptop any suggestions?
    It's only the tilde key on American keyboards afair. The key you want is the one beside the 1 key assuming you have an Irish/UK keyboard layout.

KB.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Still wont work for some reason.

Hmm, try opening the Fallout_default.ini file in Notepad (it's in the Fallout 3 folder). If you search the file for Console you should get an entry under the Interface heading called bAllowConsole. Make sure this is set to 1.

Thats done already,its so head wrecking :(

Thats done already,its so head wrecking :(
    I'm sorry then, it works fine for me and I can't think of any other settings.

• Advertisement

Ahh I knew I forgot something important. Depending on your resolution you might not see the console prompt as it can be off screen even if the game itself is fine. If the console is active, you'll have a mouse pointer and it'll be the only thing that you can control.

To get the prompt back on screen you need to edit iConsoleTextXPos in the same file as above to a greater value (mine is 30 for a 1280x1024 resolution). Or you can press tab a couple of times to see it.

Also the Fallout wiki suggests editing the Falloutprefs.ini or fallout.ini files rather than the fallout_default file but I don't seem to have either.
    There's also a few more fixes here if you haven't tried them.

Ill give it a shot later thanks:D

changed the screen from widescreen it done the trick :D

Advertisement