Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung N150 plus Netbook

Options
  • 09-09-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Yes another college computer thread... :o

I have been looking around for a netbook for college but to be honest konw virtually nothing about the technological workings of computers! I have a fairly good laptop but I want something lightweight and handy for carrying around with a decent enough battery to last me through. It will only really be used for web browsing and taking lecture notes, some assignments and the odd bit of skype. My main PC will still be my current laptop but do you think a netbook like this would fit the bill?

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Samsung_N150_Plus_1041042.html

Any advice much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Have 1 for the last 1.5 years and have had no problems, dead handy, bring it on the hols, gets banged about by all the family, works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

That samsung will do nicely. Get a good quality sleeve so that it can offer some kind of protection. You break that screen and it's one of the more expensive netbook screens to replace. Get another stick of ddr3 memory to throw into it. download ubuntu onto a memory stick and install that alongside windows 7 as an extra operating system for really fast start ups. It's also handy if your windows 7 partition gets a virus, it's just like having a second computer. Use dropbox, skydrive or google docs to keep your important stuff in the cloud. If you have a second pc at home then try folder sync with windows live mesh.

It wouldnt hurt to go along to a computer retailer like pc world and harvey norman and trying out the netbooks. see what you think of the screens, the weight and the keyboard.

Advertisement