Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artane Ind School

Options
  • 08-09-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me if access to Artane Industrial School is possible at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

MugMugs wrote: »

Its a school now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

St David's? Yeah, just pretend you're a pupil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

MugMugs wrote: »

Yes, to get there you drive on the Malahide Road until you get to the Goblet Pub and turn there (there is only one turn at The Goblet, so no matter what way you drive to it, either from Town, or from the Malahide direction, you still get to the same place), when you hit McDonalds at Artane Castle, turn left and follow that road into the school.

It's a fully functioning secondary school now, still with links to The Brothers, although the current principal is not a Brother and I'm unsure if any of the staff are, it's called St. David's CBS.

If you want to visit, I'd try calling them first

St. David’s C.B.S.,
    Artane,
    Dublin 5.

Principal: Padraic Kavanagh

Ph: 01-8315322

I went there when Brother McDonnell, aka "The Boss" was the principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Don't forget to look out for the Blue Boy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

cosmic wrote: »
    Don't forget to look out for the Blue Boy! :D

There was definitely a freaky looking face in the wall of the brothers' house, clearly visible.

And when they built the houses on the road from McDonalds up to the school they moved the big rock that marked the limit of where the Blue Boy could roam, I wonder where they moved it to :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Thanks Des. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mr cowen

Advertisement