Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old school 2 stroke tuner/builder

Options
  • 08-09-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

lads are there any old school, proper 2 stroke engine tuners/builders around? i have fuel injected 200hp V6 2 stroke i was thinking of getting it tuned for a bit more power. was thinking reeds, porting head work etc etc ta!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

I'm sure theres some marine engine tuners around....I've passed a place in Kilcoole that does marine engines...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Think this has been covered before and the answer was to send the engine to the UK. Leave it with me and I'll search elsewhere!

Edit: No luck, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

If you're sending it to the UK..Stan Stevens is probably the best there is.....if he'll do a marine engine that is...

http://www.stanstephens.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

so there is no one in ireland??? hmmmmm find that hard to believe there is no one around that can do a bit of head work and some porting. mr stephens doesnt do marine engines although he did me a fine 350lc motor back in the day!!! thanks anyway lads

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Zebbedee

serious3 wrote: »
    i have fuel injected 200hp V6 2 stroke

What bike is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

tis not a bike but it is suzuki!! i posted it here because i figured bikers would know where to get a 2 stroke tuned, most of the marine dealers in this country struggle to change plugs let alone porting or tuning work

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

serious3 wrote: »
    tis not a bike but it is suzuki!! i posted it here because i figured bikers would know where to get a 2 stroke tuned, most of the marine dealers in this country struggle to change plugs let alone porting or tuning work

Try GP Motorcycles on North Strand around Connolly Station. John Good used to tune Paddy Bradleys 350 YPVS when he won the SS400 and two strokers were running against the first of the ZXR400's and VFR400's.

They used to (may still do) sell Jet Ski's so might be a pretty good starting point.....

Other than that have a look around the bike sites for places wiht a rolling road/dyno. Just so you could ring the places and ask for a tuner , they obviously can't run your engine on a rolling road.....unless you fancy changing your propellor for a wheel......

Advertisement