Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New doctor in shannon

Options
  • 08-09-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Has anyone been to the new doctors in shannon and had any trouble with what shes been charging or making appointments? I myself have (attempted) to go to her twice now and was refused to see her on the same day i was told the first time to come back 5 days later as that was the first available time and the second time i was told if your really sick go to shannon doc!!! very frustrating and i think dangerous practices.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

tnynll wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the new doctors in shannon and had any trouble with what shes been charging or making appointments? I myself have (attempted) to go to her twice now and was refused to see her on the same day i was told the first time to come back 5 days later as that was the first available time and the second time i was told if your really sick go to shannon doc!!! very frustrating and i think dangerous practices.

she is the same with everyone, big difference from old doc :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I hear from a family member she is not taking new patients .... maybe those she has will get a good service if she is not overloaded with work (looking on the positive side of things).

On the other hand I hear she is costly to employ ..... yes I really mean employ, as that is what we do, even if it is not generally referred to in that manner. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

I am not sure i understand what you are saying. Do you mean that you feel entitled to arrive along to a doctor's surgery and be seen on the same day, regardless of the other people who have made an appointment? I would not be impressed if I had made an appointment, turned up at the correct time and then was bumped down the waiting list because someone else had just decide to wander in looking to see the doctor.

I think the advise you were given on the second visit noted above is probably correct and certainly not dangerous - if you were that bad that you needed to be seen immediately, then ShannonDoc was the right call. If someone is busy, then surely that is a good sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

Shannondoc is an out of hours emergency service 6pm- 8am mon to friday and 6pm friday to 8am mon. If people get ill during the day they should be dealt with by their own GP. Every GP will see urgent problems despite having appointments booked. If you arrive in the door of a surgery and tell them you have a pain in your chest they are hardly likely to tell you to come back next week when an appointment is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

i think some of ye are missing the point here i understand the need for appointments but there should be some alloted time during the day for walk ins and as a side note i did go to shannon doc and they wernt impressed at all with the fact i wasnt seen by my own gp and also it seem if alot of people are going to shannon doc for regular visits now instead of going to this new doc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

I am not sure i understand what you are saying. Do you mean that you feel entitled to arrive along to a doctor's surgery and be seen on the same day, regardless of the other people who have made an appointment? I would not be impressed if I had made an appointment, turned up at the correct time and then was bumped down the waiting list because someone else had just decide to wander in looking to see the doctor.

I think the advise you were given on the second visit noted above is probably correct and certainly not dangerous - if you were that bad that you needed to be seen immediately, then ShannonDoc was the right call. If someone is busy, then surely that is a good sign?

just to be clear i was told at 9:40am to wait for shannon doc which opens at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭black & white

I know a good few people who have transferred from the new Doc to Dr Fabian. He's appointment only in the mornings and walk ins each afternoon. That might be worth a try ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement