Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XIX, Super Street Fighter IV AE, 11th September, The Exchange, Temple Bar

Options
  • 08-09-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭

Finally received confirmation of this.

After along absence, Inferno returns to its rightful place at Exchange Dublin this Sunday, 11th of September.

Doors open at 11:00, registration will begin at 12:00 and the tournament itself at 13:00. We should be finished up around 18:00.

Entry fee: 15 euro (10 euro goes to prize pool, 5 to venue rental/equipment expenses)

The format is groups into a top 16 double elimination bracket. All matches played are best of 3 in groups and in the top 16 bracket. We’ll be running on 360 and PS3 (though the vast majority will be 360). Seeding is done based on the last 3 tournament results. Please bring your own controller!

Tournament Rules and Format.

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

Format is as follows, a seeded group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 sets with each set beings best of 3 rounds. The third set of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 sets the third set is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 sets and each set is best of 3 rounds.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not garunteed a place in the tournament but we will try to acommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. Blanka Alt 3 is banned.

9. No white track suits please.

Will you be there? 15 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    RybushayjayirlchopperbyrneSairusDoyler01OrimSpeed BoatThe HoundJun_DP101the 1st hardterstev0knev022ladnopokaoGRAMowtfbenson 15 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Probably can't attend. Will see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    I will happen to be in Dublin that morning! Count me in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No
    Should be there assuming hangover isn't too bad from previous night of fighting games.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    Im in

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

No
    I really want to go but I'm not sure I would be able to make it back to Cork that night since I have work in the morning. Does anyone know if there would be buses going back after the tournament ends? Or, more generally speaking, what time do these usually end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No
    Should be over between about 6 and 7, unless we got different times.

I think you should be okay, I know people from Cork generally do it in one day. I let one of them give you a more definite answer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

No
    Hopefully some of the Cork gang or the Beast clan can make it up and you could travel with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    Yar, Benson, I go up and down in a day all the time. It can be tight sometimes, but it's generally a safe bet that you'll have plenty of time after the tournament to get the bus.

EDIT: Oh wait, this is a Sunday? I don't reckon I can make this after all! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Not going to able to make this one, sorry. Will more than likely attend the one in October, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    I will come to this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be in Clare, no loss for anyone! D4RK's ONIon will have to wait.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dont forget we'll need consoles, boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

No
    Cool, just got my ticket. I'll be in town all weekend since that bar fights thing sounds fun too. Look forward to meeting all you Dublin folks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    I'm here now. Get your hungover asses out of bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

No
    I'll be in about quarter to 1

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

No
    The Hound wrote: »
    I'll be in about quarter to 1

Me toop

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm unable to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    GGs to all, great tourney, damn u cobelcog and hound :P

No
    GG's everybody except bourke ya big fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    Great tourney as usual.

Good games all. DoC next week! GET HYPE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Thanks to all for attending, especially those who traveled from outside of Dublin on a Sunday.

Inferno XX will be on the first Saturday of October.

Final Standings

1st - Stev0
    2nd - Not Even Salty Anymore Cobelcog
    3rd - Hound

4th - Ladnopoka

5th - Doctor DooM
    5th - Dreddy

7th - Doyler
    7th - Bush

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Correction: 5th - Macho Man Dreddy Bajs