Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else lost interest?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Have to admit when this game came out and even before I was hooked to watching streams and playing online. It was really all that I wanted to do. But Nowadays everygame just feels like the same old stuff. I haven't played it for six days and I'm just waiting for the expansion to come out to see if they add something new to the game.

Is anyone else feeling like this or am I the only SC2 player who thinks the game is kinda boring. It might be due to the fact that for most of the summer Starcraft 2 content was thrown at my face all the time with competitions and the like taking place pretty much everday but now it's just like.. meh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

do you play 1v1 or team games?

i find 1v1 a complete bore lately.
    so myself, xios, saini and godspal play 4v4's and chat on skype. we usually have a good laugh doing so and i find it a lot more tolerable than just 1v1 and getting 4 gate'd or 1/1/1 over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

Nope, its an outlet for my competitive drive while simultaneously appeasing my laziness, inside the game learning things about it and becoming better is still extremely enjoyable for me.

Even the current slump that most top protoss are having now due to certain aspects of the other race isnt discouraging, blizzard do actually react to it so it kinda brings promise for further balancing

Also ive played games for quite a while and always gravitated towards the competitive esports aspect of them and the sc2 scene is 50x the size of any game ive played so im still pretty giddy about the potential it has.

But just like any other esport there will always be a decent amount of new casual players picking up the game but there will also be quite a few growing bored of it.

Tbh without meaning it offensively if it seems like the same old stuff to you, you clearly dont understand the game much at all to appreciate the developments

Tldr, no not really

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

I have found my interest for 1v1s has waned a small bit recently. Not due to me not liking the game, but due to reallife getting in the way (can't sit down for a 6 hour marathon of 1v1s like I use to), my sloppy play being exposed a lot more in the Plat league, and just the shear amount of effort that takes into improving my play.

Once September finishes and the things I am doing right now finish, I will certainly try to throw myself back into the game for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

Personally I don't take it too seriously, I generally play games by ear and if I'm bored I'll try new strategies. That said, I am basically waiting for the expansion, Zerg feels half-crippled in WOL.

I don't really have much interest in watching instructionals or vods like I used to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

I wish this wasn't just theory-craft, and had the ability to prove this, but i really think that zerg has yet to use the Nydus Network properly. (Or at all.)
    I think it has the ability to be one of the greatest defensive tools of Zerg.

Conisder this.
    The current mid-game meta in ZvT is really Terran picking a few options:
    -Bio-Ball
    -MMM
    -Mech
    -Marine-Tank

Zerg's current response to 3 out of the 4 of these is ling/bling/muta. This is to gain map control and make sure to pick the most opportune time to engage the Terran army.
    However in an upfront battle ling/roach/infestor would walk all over these armies (maybe to a lesser degree MMM armies), but the problem is that you will lose to drops. But if you could place a nydus worm at each of your bases and one beside your army you could negate the immobility of your army by able to pop up 4-8 roaches at any of your bases at a moments notice. The issue is that this takes great map awareness and multi-tasking ability, two of things I really need to improve on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

godspal wrote: »
    but i really think that zerg has yet to use the Nydus Network properly.
    I think it has the ability to be one of the greatest defensive tools of Zerg.
    But if you could place a nydus worm at each of your bases and one beside your army you could negate the immobility
    Zerg is a gas intensive race, a nydus tunnel cost 100 gas a pop, if you spend 300-500 gas on nydus worms, just for drops, you will just get rolled by most timing pushes, as the nydus' will take a huge tole on your army midgame, and will hinder your tech and further strain zergs gas eco late game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Absolutely not. I haven't played in 3 months and just ordered my beast machine a couple of days ago. CANNOT WAIT to get back in and playing the game. There are even more tournaments now than there was in the summer, far more in fact. It's just that you, probably, had more time because of no school in the summer. It's pretty common for people to play less now, but it's definitely not a reason to lose interest in the game in my opinion. Just read Day9's interview with Forbes, that was a complete inspiration for people who are playing less and less now that the summer is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Nope. Although I'm back in school soon so that may stop me from playing.

At the same time I have a new laptop plus hopefully better internet so that may force me to play more as right now I get a lot of system lag when I play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CluEleSs!?

I'm still ****ing loving it! I play like 4 hours a day every day. I've stopped watching as much Starcraft though, but that's probably because the GSL season pass user I was mooching off changed his password on me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ivan itchykok

Yeah I've lost a bit of interest too, I've been reverting to playing as randomn in team games to freshen things up. Really looking forward to heart of the swarm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 michaelyou

i feel the same, got tired of sc2 4 months of playing

Advertisement