Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi to anyone that reads this.

I've been with my boyfriend for 13 months now and after 4 months of being together I moved in with him. This is the first time I've moved out.

Everything was great in the beginning but lately, we've been disagreeing and arguing a lot.. we don't talk and go to bed ignoring each other. I love him loads and I know that if we broke up that things just wouldn't be the same. I'm emotionally attached to him but not sure if I'm still "in love" with him and I don't want to leave. I wouldn't be able to bear not seeing him as much as I do but at the same time he annoys me with the way he carries on when we argue. What should I do? I feel like I'm married as I don't go out anymore and don't see my friends about 90% of the time.

I'd like to move home with my parents where I can have a life but don't want to leave him here, the thoughts of him alone after all this time makes me upset.

Does anyone have any advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I am 100% with SF on this - moving in together after just 4 months seems very fast - sure you would still have been in the honeymoon period of the relationship - planning dates etc. Why swap that for bills, cleaning and stress?

In terms of going to bed not talking - want to shake you both - that is how children behave - and is a surefire way to terminally impact a loving relationship.
    You both have to work on your communication - if he is not good at this then you have to let him know HOW it makes you feel - don't blame him - just let him know how you feel when he takes a certain approach - and ask him if he can change that approach - in turn offer to do the same thing.
    Don't let this descend into tit-for-tat...

I don't want to say that you should walk away from this relationship - however if you cannot work on your communication now - then really what chance does the rest of the relationship have?
    > silences; sulking; little point scoring...

Take the time to think about it now.
    Also - just because you lived together - actually because you lived together - you both need to make the effort to go out with your friends - otherwise you will go crazy staring at each others sulking faces all day...

Advertisement