Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

touch.boards.ie not recognising Prefix selection

Options
  • 08-09-2011 2:01am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I had a report from a user in the Help Desk who advised that when trying to create a new thread using touch.boards.ie in a forum which requires a Prefix to be selected, an error message is displayed and the thread is not created.

I tried to recreate the error myself, and it's quite easy to do. Simply go to touch.boards.ie and try to start a thread in the Help Desk with any Prefix. I got the error message "Threads in this forum require a prefix. Please set prefixid to a valid ID." which is the same as the OP.

Thanks for reading guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Howdy, I've filed this in our bug tracker, will get around to fixing it soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

This should now be resolved, thanks for the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I've just experienced the same problem in the rock and metal forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Somebody had left the "Require Prefix" flag set to Yes on Rock and Metal. It seems vbulletin ignores the fact that this makes no sense if you haven't also assigned a set of prefixes. The API touch does no such thing. I've set "Require Prefix" to no now and the problem should be sorted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement