Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Montessori Course

Options
  • 07-09-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi. I would really like to do an online course in montessori. There appears to be numerous available,most from America. Does anyone know if these are recognised & accredited in Ireland, or if anybody could recommend a course id really appreciate it. Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is it just the montessori method that you are interested in or is it teaching pre school?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

Hi. Either or really. What is the difference? Im thinking ahead for down the road to set up business myself. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ciara.smilie

Hi, I don't know if you've found a course or not, but here is a link to one you can do online: http://www.chevrontraining.ie/montessori-courses/ I've been thinking about doing it too looks good and its FETAC so its as recognised as one of them you would be going to college to do

Hi, I don't know if you've found a course or not, but here is a link to one you can do online: http://www.chevrontraining.ie/montessori-courses/ I've been thinking about doing it too looks good and its FETAC so its as recognised as one of them you would be going to collegev to do
    Hi ciara thanks for your post. Wow iv never seen that website it sounds great. The full time collages I tink cover up to level 8, but for distance learnung level 6 is great. Im really considering doing it, & the price is very good too. Let me know if u decide to do ut, Thanks a mil :-)

Did you decide to do this course after?

• Advertisement

Hi. No I didnt but I still plan on doing it. I like the structure of it as I am still working full time & would have to continue working so the online idea is suitable for me...But im not sure how recognised it is :-/

Thats what I've been wondering, from what i can tell that course and the one run by portebello offer the same qualification but the online one is a grand cheaper, cant help but wonder why

& also the great thing about the Chevron course is being able to do it as well as holding down a job...But as for the reasoning behind being cheaper Im not so sure...If u find out id really appreciate if u let mr know, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kerriger

Kilroys college offer a childcare course by distance learning, its an introductory course and it doesn't offer fetac accreditation but it might be a good starting point if you haven't worked in this area before - http://www.findacourse.ie/childcare-diploma-training-c926.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilroys College

Hi,

Just to let you know that Kilroy's College will be offering 5 new home study CHILDCARE FETAC level 6 CAS (Common Awards System) components in January 2013 as well as our current introductory childcare and child pyschology diploma courses. Home study courses are typically a little cheaper than classroom based courses because the costs associated with providing the course are less - e.g. no room hire or travel expenses for the tutors. Hope that helps!

Good luck in your studies.

Lisa

• Advertisement
Advertisement