Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Finance Courses

Options
  • 07-09-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

I have my eye on Smurfit Business School to study a MSc in Finance but I am interested in doing it in a highly ranked college either in the U.K. or the States.

I have been comparing the ranked courses with their prices but some colleges dont seem to disclose their fee's. I was wondering does anyone here have any information on respected finance courses abroad that dont blow the bank, If I had the money I would gladly spend in on a degree in London Business School.

I know some people will argue about that the college wont matter just the individuals results, but it matters to me because Im weird like that.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

Gandalph wrote: »
    I have my eye on Smurfit Business School to study a MSc in Finance but I am interested in doing it in a highly ranked college either in the U.K. or the States.

I have been comparing the ranked courses with their prices but some colleges dont seem to disclose their fee's. I was wondering does anyone here have any information on respected finance courses abroad that dont blow the bank, If I had the money I would gladly spend in on a degree in London Business School.

I know some people will argue about that the college wont matter just the individuals results, but it matters to me because Im weird like that.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Im actually yet to find a college that doesnt disclose their fees to be honest with you. Every top business school in the UK and US discloses their fees on their websites.

Heres a link to get you going anyways:

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-finance-pre-experience-2011

click the course to get to the site and all fees info is there for you.

BTW what is "blow the bank" for you? Varies greatly for different people!

Top colleges in the states expect to spend 50-70k incl accom/living
    and 30-50k for Eur/UK incl accom/living (all EURO).

I myself was considering all above , but decided on Msc in Finance @ TCD and signed up for CFA also. Suits me the best money/convenience wise.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Sweet I didnt realise you could filter that list down to courses thanks, I had already checked it out college wise.

Some of teh american college sites either didnt disclose fee's or the sites were not user friendly enough to be able to find the fee's for each course. I havnt had a problem finding them with any others.

Advertisement