Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adrenaline Mob (Mike Portnoy's new band)

Options
  • 07-09-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone give them a listen?

Finally got round to listening to their EP today. Nothing original in their sound but Down To The Floor I really enjoyed in a Rob Zombie crossed with Dio era sabbath crossed with two or three other bands kinda way. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Kess73 wrote: »
    Anyone give them a listen?

Finally got round to listening to their EP today. Nothing original in their sound but Down To The Floor I really enjoyed in a Rob Zombie crossed with Dio era sabbath crossed with two or three other bands kinda way. :D

Are all their songs called Incorrectly formatted YouTube tag???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

frag420 wrote: »
    Are all their songs called Incorrectly formatted YouTube tag???

Must be something faulty at your end because what I put up plays fine for me, and what you quoted also plays fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Playing fine here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭spiderjazz

It's a pretty ridiculous image for a bunch of guys in their 40's, and in my opinion, the music is as generic as the image. Portnoy rapping "Pyscho-sane, Pyscho moth*rfu*king sane" has to be go down as one of the most cringeworthy things ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

rob zombie, black label society crap., boring and un-original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Not really feeling it... bit of a waste of talent in my opinion. Plus, the whole "we're whisky drinkin', guitar shreddin', motorcycle ridin' badasses who play balls-out rock 'n' roll" thing seems forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Don't quite see the interest of this Down-like project more than 15 years after... It's a shame as Russell Allen great voice is not fantastically exploited here.
    Sounds like a "teen" whim from Portnoy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

spiderjazz wrote: »
    Portnoy rapping "Pyscho-sane, Pyscho moth*rfu*king sane" has to be go down as one of the most cringeworthy things ever.

That's so Radikult..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Embarrassingly bad for the drummer who played "Lines in the Sand" and "Blind Faith".

Advertisement