Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a fight: Limerick City (NOW!)

Options
  • 07-09-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello All,

I've just finished college and have nothing to do. I'm sat here in my apartment drinking coffee after coffee.

I have no xbox, arcade stick or street fighter 4 and as a result I very board (I've even gone into GameStop to play the 3DS SF game a few times)

Is there anyone out there in Limerick City who wants to invite me over to play street fighter?

I usually play with an arcade stick so if you have two that would rock! (I suppose I could always buy a cheap one myself).

So, if you are up to nothing and looking to play street fighter 4 let me know!

Cheers,
    David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

This reads like one of them "casual encounters" on craigslist >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 24 davidlpower

Konata wrote: »

I'm aware of that :D

Perhaps I should be explicit that I am not looking for sexual intercourse. I just want to play Super / Street Fighter 4 / AE. I am in a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Big sticks to the front of the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hahaha, at least you're honest.

And have a cool name.

To sweeten the deal I will bring cake. You name the cake and I'll get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

There's three ways to do things; the right way, the wrong way and the David Power way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

At the risk of breaking into this very sarcastic thread, there are Limerick tournaments every now and then, the last of which was in July: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73526830

Aside from peoples' houses, casuals and tournaments are usually held in the MovieDrome on Henry Street.

Sairus wrote: »
    At the risk of breaking into this very sarcastic thread

Not sure if this is actually a sarcastic thread at all, but the links are extremely relevant yes.

Desire for casuals at home is a different thing to wanting to participate in a tournament.

And "Bring Street Fighter to my house and I will feed you" is a very reasonable request.

Sairus wrote: »
    At the risk of breaking into this very sarcastic thread, there are Limerick tournaments every now and then, the last of which was in July: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73526830

Aside from peoples' houses, casuals and tournaments are usually held in the MovieDrome on Henry Street.

Thanks for the post Sairus. I'll look into this.

The offer still stands though, I am still available to play.

Not sure if this is actually a sarcastic thread at all, but the links are extremely relevant yes.

Desire for casuals at home is a different thing to wanting to participate in a tournament.

And "Bring Street Fighter to my house and I will feed you" is a very reasonable request.

I meant the various sarcastic responses. David's Food 4 Fights is of course every SF players dream.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanks for the post Sairus. I'll look into this.

The offer still stands though, I am still available to play.
    Welcome!

hey man, I'm from Limerick City and although I'm not available to play today, I reckon we'll organize casuals very soon. We usually play @ moviedrome. I can bring an extra pad/stick for you.

My offer legitimate. I've nothing to do and would really like to play SSF4/EA. I've not played it for a while as I was busy with college all summer. Now that I have nothing to do I am itching to play.

UberPrinny_Baal, while I was offering to bring cake to someone else's home I actually think your on to something with "Bring Street Fighter to my house and I will feed you". If I had my XBOX with me I would gladly feed anyone who wanted to call over to play SF4.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Welcome!

hey man, I'm from Limerick City and although I'm not available to play today, I reckon we'll organize casuals very soon. We usually play @ moviedrome. I can bring an extra pad/stick for you.

Thanks for your reply FutureGuy, I would really appreciate that.

With prior notice I should be able to bring my own stick.

BTW, 'Food 4 Fights' is a great name for it.

UberPrinny_Baal, while I was offering to bring cake to someone else's home I actually think your on to something with "Bring Street Fighter to my house and I will feed you". If I had my XBOX with me I would gladly feed anyone who wanted to call over to play SF4.

No joke, one of the Limerick guys once offered "Free milkshake for new attendees" at one of the tournaments, and I tried my best to make it work in my schedule but wasn't able to (I live in Dublin).

I still have deep milkshake related regrets.

I got a free pint off one of the Limerick lads. For the life of me I can't remember who. Burning Eclipse I think. But I digress. The important thing is that that pint was one of the best pints I've ever had.

I was never given anything :(

To balance that out though I spent the whole time taking names.

No joke, one of the Limerick guys once offered "Free milkshake for new attendees" at one of the tournaments, and I tried my best to make it work in my schedule but wasn't able to (I live in Dublin).

I still have deep milkshake related regrets.

I'm sure with years of expensive therapy you will recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Im scared!!!!!! :eek: no one is alowed to play with my joy stick with the exception of my wife!!! :D:p :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Konata wrote: »

does craigslist still do casual encounters? perhaps he could buy a cheap console there???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »

I'd be careful purchasing this particular console. In the description it states that it has to been opened to "correct" an issue with it not playing home made games. This means that there is guaranteed to be no warranty on it and it is possible that the console has been or will be banned from Xbox LIVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Orim wrote: »
    I'd be careful purchasing this particular console. In the description it states that it has to been opened to "correct" an issue with it not playing home made games. This means that there is guaranteed to be no warranty on it and it is possible that the console has been or will be banned from Xbox LIVE.

ok..... http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-360/657967 I think you get where I am going with this..

He says in the description that he's open to offers but then in the comments he says that he only wants cash and is unwilling to go lower then the listed price. Seems like a dodgy character to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Limerick is an easy place to find a fight from what I hear, no need to post here :/

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Limerick is an easy place to find a fight from what I hear, no need to post here :/

WHAT DID YOU SAY?! :pac:

Like futureguy said we'll be getting stuff together for more regular meet ups soon so watch this space. Plus ive a few fightsticks lying around (all be it they need to be reassembled) that you'll be able to use.

Sounds exciting.

I finally got to play SF4. Such a good game. Delighted now :)

Advertisement