Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CIMA Exemptions

• 07-09-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi guys,

I am going into my final year in BSc Accounting in UCC and I was wondering if anyone knows what exemptions I would get from the CIMA exams?

I will be a 2012 graduate but there is currently no option for that on the CIMA exemption page so the following link is for 2011 graduates but I can't see why my year would be different.

http://www.cimaglobal.com/Study-with-us/Exemptions/Exemption-search/University-College-Cork-UCC/?qualification=1-9FCR5N

I have spoken to a CIMA contact and he said the following

"The term “core” means that it is a core module which makes up the qualification. There’s a very good chance that you would’ve taken these “core” modules when you were studying for the qualification.

C01 to C05 exemptions will be awarded to you, regardless of which modules you took as long as you have that particular qualification. Where there’s a module code/title, you will only be eligible for that exemption if you’ve taken those modules. So for example, for you to get P1, you would’ve needed to have done AC1112, AC3001, AC3005, and AC4002."

From this I understood that I will definitely be exempt from C01 to C05, by the time I have finished my degree I will have studied all the subjects listed in F1 and all but two in P1.

Would this mean I would have to do all the P1 exams or just the ones I did not do?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time.

:)

Comments

P1 is a single exam. If you don't meet the requirements you will have to sit it.

If you have 2/4 of the required subjects you should have already covered half the material.

P1 exam paper

Check with your course coordinator to see if any changes are planned that might upset exemptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 FiveSpice

Thanks a million. I was confused about whether it was just one exams or a few different ones.

Have you done CIMA yourself?

Thanks again, you were a great help :)

Yes but under the previous syllabus.

I went to the UK after college to train in a multinational.

Advertisement