Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aras Building, Carrick

Options
  • 07-09-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know where the Aras building is in Carrick?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I've never heard of the Aras building in town, do mean the council?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Its over past The Dock, the building that the motor tax office is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

My, aren't the council getting a big opinion of themselves? The Arás.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

il gatto wrote: »

When I was in that place I was amazed at how big and expensive looking it was. Built during the Celtic Bubble, it seems like the council thought "Because im worth it"!

Caoimhín wrote: »

When I was in that place I was amazed at how big and expensive looking it was. Built during the Celtic Bubble, it seems like the council thought "Because im worth it"!

Appropriately built on the site of the old Gaol however :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

A couple of the old Gaol buildings are still there, the one in front of the Áras an Chontae and there's one behind that to the right. Used to pass them everyday when i went to the Tech. It's a pity they didn't build the council building more in keeping with the old Courthouse and Gaol buildings i think. I'm all for modern looking etc but aren't the council the first ones to give out to homebuilders if the plans are too modern for the area they want to build in?

chasm wrote: »

A couple of the old Gaol buildings are still there, the one in front of the Áras an Chontae and there's one behind that to the right. Used to pass them everyday when i went to the Tech. It's a pity they didn't build the council building more in keeping with the old Courthouse and Gaol buildings i think. I'm all for modern looking etc but aren't the council the first ones to give out to homebuilders if the plans are too modern for the area they want to build in?

Not if you're building 50 of them. If you are, they can be ugly as sin and located anywhere you feel like. And then when you fail as a businessman, the government will come along and take on your bad debts. Boom!

Advertisement