Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for transporting a bike?

Options
  • 07-09-2011 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I need to pick up a bike I bought the far side of the country and bring it to Dublin to have it restricted. I can't get hold of anyone with a bike trailer I could loan and only really have access to an old double axle trailer that my dad has; I'm not too keen on using this. I would ride the bike back myself but as it's not restricted it could cause complications with insurance. Van rental is expensive and because I'm 24, & not 25, most of them don't seem to want my business.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

someone else ride it across for you? know anyone trustworthy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Where exactly is the bike? You surely know a friendly person with access to a van?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I think I'm actually going to go with the trailer. I have a paddock stand and ratchet straps so, we'll go with that. I moved smaller bikes like that in the past without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

this lad of biker.ie transports bikes his forum nane is jambo and his number is <snip> lots of lads on their use him and are very happy with his service hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 45 muller25

I can do it if you are stuck(for a fee), i own a van and have moved a few friends bikes around i mainly bring my CR250 around in it, anyway if you are interested PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Cheers for the offers lads but I'm going to collect it with the trailer I have. The guy is going to meet me half-way, so I don't have too far to come with it now.

Advertisement