Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco wine offers - any recommendations

Options
  • 07-09-2011 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Lot of wines on offer at less than a tenner in Tesco right now, thought it would be good to start a thread on which ones are good. See tesco.ie for details.

In my opinion, most are priced to discount (ie are only at a fair price when at half price) but there may be some genuine bargains in here.

I'm going to try a couple of the Finest wines - Barbero d'asti, and a Marlborough Pinot Grigio. I've heard good things about the Mount Pleasant wines which are also on offer. Any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I really like the Barbera d'Asti, The Gavi in white is good too. I like the Fiano and it's worth trying out some of the less common whites (reisling)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Tesco have Tattinger Champagne for €25. Fantastic value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Irishgalclare

Got a sauvignon blanc called Yapi for 7 euro and it was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

I think the Errazuriz Cabernet at €7 is great value...I used to put these aside for a few years and they improved greatly...must get back into that...

The tattinger for €25 IS amazing value as mentioned above.

Tim Adams whites are down to a tenner and the riesling and semillon are lovely.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Piccini Memoro €8- Delicious

Also got a bottle of Chateauneuf Du Pape for €10, it's is priced wrong in some store. It's the 'Jean Petite' one, they were talking about it on Movies and Booze last Friday on newstalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Update:
    Tried these: Barbera D'Asti, good value 7euro. Not complex but good flavour for the price; would buy again.
    Tim Adams riesling and semillon: OK value at 10euro. Thought the riesling was past its best (its 2007). Semillon was interesting, a better buy of the two in my opinion -I would buy again. Piccini Memoro - good value at 8 euro, though a bit big and sweet for my taste (would make a good 'after-dinner' wine as it is almost port-like).

Anyone else find a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

The Mulk wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Piccini Memoro €8- Delicious

Also got a bottle of Chateauneuf Du Pape for €10, it's is priced wrong in some store. It's the 'Jean Petite' one, they were talking about it on Movies and Booze last Friday on newstalk

Has anybody seen the Chateauneuf Du Pape that The Mulk refers to? I saw it in Finglas last week but it wouldn't scan. Have gone back but all gone. Not available in Artane Castle or Clare Hall?

Advertisement