Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirit Cabinet

Options
  • 07-09-2011 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

I've seen various performers do the spirit cabinet routine, but in some the curtain starts off on the floor, and in some the curtain starts off wrapped around the top of the poles. Is the 'trick' used in both essentially the same?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The position of the curtains has absolutely nothing to do with the workings of this effect.

If you're interested in the effect check out the davenport brothers spirit cabinet.
    It's one of the most widely known performances of the spirit cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Well I know an explanation of how it is done when the curtains start off from the floor, but this is clearly not the same for when the curtains start from the top of the poles.

Is this forum completely deserted or was this just a terrible thread by me? :)

Well you essentially wanted to know how the spirit cabinet works , which is against the forum charter.
    I gave you probably the best answer I could without tipping the method.

Its a pretty quiet forum , but in fairness you usually will get help very quickly.

I know how it works and clearly the position of the curtains have a huge effect on the working of this effect.

• Advertisement

Giruilla wrote: »
    I know how it works and clearly the position of the curtains have a huge effect on the working of this effect.

If you say so. It's possible to have more than one method to an effect.

Advertisement