Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with buying an American Pool Table

Options
  • 06-09-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi folks,

We'd like to buy an American pool table for our games room at home.

We're kinda doing things the wrong way around but we're looking for an American pool table to go with the beautiful 2 1/4" American pool balls we bought on holidays in the States.

We can see from initial searches on the net that these tables aren't as commonly found to purchase as standard pool tables.

Can anyone give us some advice on where to start? Would be greatly appreciated... ! Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lynxter

Hi Caroline K,

I agree, there are not enough American pool tables around either in Clubs/Pubs or snooker halls. It is a more fun game for the beginner than either Snooker or English pool because the balls and pockets are larger. But we have played snooker and English pool in Ireland for so long that it has been difficult for American pool to break through.

I hope that this information is okay with the Mods. I have an affiliation with a company in Dublin - E. J. Riley who specalise in all cue sports equipment and they do sell genuine American Pool Tables. You can check these out on www.ejriley.ie.

The very best of luck in finding a table for your games room.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Caroline K

Hi Lynxter,

Thanks a mil for your help - I've had a quick look at the website and I see the Senator Table. I'll give a ring to see if they have other ranges - was hoping for something a bit more "traditional looking".

Thanks for the starting point!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭1daisy1

I have one for sale, its not new but in great condition, can email me if you would like moe information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Caroline K wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We'd like to buy an American pool table for our games room at home.

We're kinda doing things the wrong way around but we're looking for an American pool table to go with the beautiful 2 1/4" American pool balls we bought on holidays in the States.

We can see from initial searches on the net that these tables aren't as commonly found to purchase as standard pool tables.

Can anyone give us some advice on where to start? Would be greatly appreciated... ! Thanks...

One a side note if you are looking for inspiration to get a table check out some of Lou Butera's matches on youtube, espically the 1995 video of him playing Jimmy White in the Mosconi cup. Lou Butera is excellent to watch, he's real real quick!

Advertisement