Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO listed my FETAC award wrong!

Options
  • 06-09-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

On the statement of application record sent out to me by the CAO in august, it listed my 2011 FETAC award as RAXXX, but my award is listed as DCHSX in my college and exam results, that course is not even thought in my college, its a pre nursing course i did in ballsbridge, I looked up RAXXX and it is a massage course in Cavan.

I did very well in my course and gained most distinctions and did not get one offer from my choices, now looking back over all the documents I just noticed this, i feel i may be to late. Is this CAO's fault or mine.

Again my course should have been listed as DCHSX not RAXXX.

What can I do about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

RAXXX is the code for a Record of Achievement ie not a full award. Double check and make sure you passed all your modules in order to qualify for a full award. You should have contacted the CAO the minute you received the notice with the incorrect award code. You may still contact them and alert them to the fact.

However if you are hoping for an offer for a Nursing degree then I would advise you not to have high hopes as the number of places are very limited and you would need 8 distinctions in order to be in with a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adam500

Right, Im looking at my certificate and it say the following:

Anatomy & Physiology - Distinction
    Nursing studies - Distinction
    Social studies - Distinction
    Growth & Development - Pass
    Safety Health at work - Distinction
    Word Processing - Distinction
    Work experience - Distinction
    Communications - Distinction

I didint fail anything, surely this is a full award. No Im not expecting to ever get offered a place onto nursing over here, I applied trough the UCAS and got offered an interview to the UNI of Bucks for sep 2012, hopefully this will work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

That looks ok - did you complete all of the modules at the same time ?

Most colleges require a Distinction in Human Growth and Development in order to be eligible for an offer of a place on a degree course in Nursing.

I would suggest that you email CAO and bring it to their attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

It might be worth the €20 to have your growth &.... result rechecked in the hope that you might get it up to a merit.

You need to do it asap as I know the last date for applying for a recheck in Carlow is today, other colleges may have different dates, so contact your colege immediately.

Advertisement