Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying QFA Life Assurance

Options
  • 06-09-2011 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I just registered on the IOB site for a QFA Life Assurance exam next year. now this may be a silly question but where is the damn manual? I've seemingly found everything on the site except the manual.

Told you it might be a silly question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

They should post it to your registered address. I know that the manual's for all modules were available when I did the last exam but I can't remember if it was available online on the 'LIA' website when I was doing the Life one. My job did have the soft copy of the manual though. Good luck! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Null N. Void

That makes sense. I did find a PDF of the 2010/2011 one in the news section. It's there so people with the original version could download an updated and amended one. I'm not sure if I should start looking at it now or just wait for the one in the post.

Thanks for replying.

Just one more question. What happens if I don't pass all 6 modules in the four years? Do I have to retake them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

Just one more question. What happens if I don't pass all 6 modules in the four years? Do I have to retake them all?

Do you need to have the qualification for your job? If not (and I can only quote LIA's requirements) there's is no time frame really for when you have to get them done. Believe me, I really don't think you will need 4 years to complete the 6 modules! The first 5 are MCQ and aren't too difficult and if you put in the work for the last one too you'll have no problems.

OasisGirl wrote: »

Do you need to have the qualification for your job? If not (and I can only quote LIA's requirements) there's is no time frame really for when you have to get them done. Believe me, I really don't think you will need 4 years to complete the 6 modules! The first 5 are MCQ and aren't too difficult and if you put in the work for the last one too you'll have no problems.
    I don't need it yet but I was thinking that I could do them somewhat more casually because of that. Maybe only do one a year so if I do need it at some point I'll only have a few left to complete, if any. Would that work?

• Advertisement
Advertisement