Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danny Gallagher - Faith Healer

Options
  • 06-09-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just heard on the radio about this guy and of course my curiosity got the better of me. Anyone been to see him or know anything about him. He's the seventh son of a seventh son and apparentely has an incredible gift, though I have never heard of him before now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

Does he charge fees? If he is really genuine, he will not be trying to make money out of it.

Where is he based? I would be really interested in finding out more about him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Xpsgamer

Guys, stay away from "faith healers" or il get facekicker on the case :cool:

According to a newspaper article that I found, he lives in Co 'Derry and does not charge. His website does not inspire confidence - really 'Oirish' and looks like something from the 70's

www.danny-gallagher.com/

//
    Xpsgamer wrote: »
    Guys, stay away from "faith healers" or il get facekicker on the case :cool:

???

According to a newspape article that I found, he lives in Co 'Derry and does not charge. His website does not inspire confidence - really 'Oirish' and looks like something from the 70's

www.danny-gallagher.com

Surely you mean confidence tricksters?

• Advertisement

I would have said confidence trickster too but he doesn't charge a fee, so he can't be. There was a bit about him rubbing crosses over someones legs though...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I went to school with his son! I don't really know much about the faith healing side of him, but they were into anything to make a quick pound when I was growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Whats the difference between a healer and a faith healer. My friend went to a healer (healing hands or something) and he fixed her back problem I think her donation was 30 euro. I've never heard of somebody going to a faith healer - does that mean he heals your faith?

Also I know I posted about the Ladyswell Man in Blanchardstown a while back - he's meant to be excellent, but I'm not sure if he's still around. About 30 years ago every Sunday crowds of people (according to my mother) used to gather to see this man - not sure what he did exactly, but I dont' think he charged - he was the 7th son or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

According to a newspaper article that I found, he lives in Co 'Derry and does not charge. His website does not inspire confidence - really 'Oirish' and looks like something from the 70's

www.danny-gallagher.com/

I was gonna say how could it look like a 1970s website but jaysus it does. Faith and begorrah!!!

I wish people would cop on a bit, a man rubbing his magic hands to fix medical problems is (and excuse my language) a load of shoite! Faith healing or whatever bullshiit terminology you lend it is dangerous, have you never seen Derren Brown exposing that shoite in the States??

• Advertisement

Xpsgamer wrote: »
    Fee = Confidance trickster

No Fee = Pervert?

Hahaa you might have a point there:D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Xpsgamer, please tone down your commentary. This is the spirituality forum, where such things as faith healing are acceptable and require a higher standard of discussion than you are coming up with.

Sorry, FEE should read €105

Danny Gallagher has replied to my email.

He charges £25 / €35 per session and three sessions are needed - one a week for three consecutive weeks. If interested, he will post out a booking form.

I said that I was 'concerned about my health' and did not give any details as to what those concerns may be. I mentioned that I had got his name from a discussion forum and he has asked to be directed to it.

He also sent newspaper clippings from the Sunday World newspaper. This gets tackier by the day. I think that I will stay away from him.

Note: clippings were upside down when he sent them.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=f06f16a271&view=att&th=132765de669deca4&attid=0.2&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=f06f16a271&view=att&th=132765de669deca4&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

The second clipping states that he does not charge a fee but asks that his hotel cost be covered if he has to travel a long distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Yeah, I don't know I know a guy who does faith healing and he doesn't take a penny from people. The whole thing sounds a bit dubious. And i'm amazed how someone with such "amazing" healing powers has so little publicity. There's only a very small amount of information online. Professor Knowall are you going to go?

No, I don't think so. I might have tried it out if it was free, but my gut feeling is that this is a scam. See note from a previous poster, 'Northern Monkey'. I think that says it all.

Also, the guy doesn't have an honest face. I think he looks like a 1970's terrorist crossed with a showband man.

I am not against faith healers and would try one if I knew they were genuine. I just don't like the look of Danny Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I e-mailed them out of curiosity and arrived into work this morning to find a letter from them. They took my address off my e-mail and decided to send me a letter. To say i'm annoyed is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Doireman

I dont know if its true or not but some say if a person is really a faith healer then an earthworm will shrivel up and die if placed in the palm of the healers hand

I recently went to one...don't really know why...I lost my Sister a few years ago maybe that was the reason, but I can't say I was impressed or moved in any way...the lady in question charge €60 and any 'information' that she had that was correct was information gained from a piece in the local paper..to be honest I was disgusted....put me off ever going to someone like her again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

I have 2 friends who went to John Liston Morgan in Co Limerick. He healed both their back problems. One of them had severe back problems, bed bound and walked out of his place an hour later

He is a healer, rather than a faith healer. You need no proper faith or belief in him. He works on releasing energy trapped and blocked in the body.

He does not ask for money, but for a donation. I think of anyone I have heard of he seems to be someone that can heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Never heard of him. I went to a faith healer when I was 19. My mam came along with me. It was this man in Cavan, a pensioner. When I went into his home he had certificates all over the wall saying he was a healer. He hooked me up to this electronic device and alarm bells started ringing but it had been advertised on a local radio station how good he apparently was. He got me to close my eyes....

Him: close your eyes young lady, I can see you as a little girl in a field, you loved running around'

Me: yeah

Him: you see some flowers and you love them

Me: yeah

He puts his hand on my forehead and tells me I am cured.

Him: do you feel that burning sensation? I felt the (skin condition) leave your body

Me: I dont feel any burning

Him: well it's going.

All the while my mother was glaring at me as if to say 'wtf! Let's get out of here'

We made our excuses and left 30 punt poorer than when we'd arrived.

A couple of years after that he was in the national papers for being accused of sexually assauting a girl that came for healing. My mam and i were horrified and I reckon I'd a very lucky escape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I have 2 friends who went to John Liston Morgan in Co Limerick. He healed both their back problems. One of them had severe back problems, bed bound and walked out of his place an hour later

He is a healer, rather than a faith healer. You need no proper faith or belief in him. He works on releasing energy trapped and blocked in the body.

He does not ask for money, but for a donation. I think of anyone I have heard of he seems to be someone that can heal.
    What does "blocked energy in the body" mean, and how does he release it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 molly1507

My Dad 87 an I 37 went to see Danny Gallagher my dad for head aches & a Diabetic, me for cancer!
    We found him very insightful & reassured us both.
    I was skeptical but it have benefits as there was 2 of us

Advertisement