Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic updates Viera Cast to Viera Connect

Options
  • 06-09-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

My Pana - TX-l42d25l (2010 model) got an update last night and i now have Viera Connect in place of Viera Cast

Looks good so far and is a step up for these internet connected TVs

kgH5WzupPSWhe.jpg

Just went to the intranet and it gave me an automatic update

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

tui0hcg wrote: »
    My Pana - TX-l42d25l (2010 model) got an update last night and i now have Viera Connect in place of Viera Cast

kgH5WzupPSWhe.jpg

Hiya.
    I got the same upgrade a few day ago as well, works very nicely - if your broadband speed is up to it for the video content. The previous software version on my TV was 2505 & now has changed to 2515. So here's the deal, the day before the update came through I sent an email to Panasonic bitching about the DVB-S EPG & the crappy "now & next" programme info only. I have copied & pasted the email & response. Note that Panasonic say that the new software version when you follow the link www.panasonic.co.uk/faq should be ver. 2509 for the D25L.
    I have emailed them re the different software versions & which is the correct one to have installed.

kgH5WzupPSWhe.jpg

Hiya.
    I got the same upgrade a few day ago as well, works very nicely - if your broadband speed is up to it for the video content. The previous software version on my TV was 2505 & now has changed to 2515. So here's the deal, the day before the update came through I sent an email to Panasonic bitching about the DVB-S EPG & the crappy "now & next" programme info only. I have copied & pasted the email & response. Note that Panasonic say that the new software version when you follow the link www.panasonic.co.uk/faq should be ver. 2509 for the D25L.
    I have emailed them re the different software versions & which is the correct one to have installed.

Hi,
    Thank you for your response. Subsequent to my first email my TX-L42D25L, which I have connected to the internet via LAN cable, has self updated the software from ver. 2505 to ver. 2515. This has updated my Viera Cast to Viera Connect, but I’m not really sure about any other updates that may have been installed. Is ver. 2515 (now installed) a step up from ver. 2509 or visa versa, or should ver. 2509 now be my default software version.
    I have downloaded software ver. 2509 & I will wait for your response to determine whether I should install ver. 2509 or continue with ver. 2515.

Thanking you,

From: [URL="wlmailhtml:{D90D4009-0121-4E98-83A2-A8D69E27684D}mid://00000069/!x-usc:mailto:CustomerCare.Advisor@eu.panasonic.com"]CustomerCare Advisor[/URL]
    Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 11:56 AM
    To:
    Subject: - Panasonic Ref: PJOS-8LFGZ6

ISSUE DESCRIPTION: EMAIL REQUEST: Subject - TV. DETAILS: Hi Panasonic,
    I purchased a Panasonic TX-L42D25L just over a year ago.
    The EPG for satellite channels has only ever provided me with “now & next”
    programme information for each channel. Due to the lack of a “proper” 7 day EPG, timer programming from the programme schedule is rendered impossible. The only method of setting the timer for a programme is to find it in some sort of TV guide & manually input the relevant information. Can Panasonic provide a download that would enable the TV to access the 7 day programme information in order to populate the guide & enable timer programming. I’m can only assume that the new 2011 TV range already has this function enabled. On another matter I would to know if “Viera Cast” is now dead & gone (with no future possibility of additions or upgrades) with the onset of “Viera Connect”

Thanking you,

ISSUE RESOLUTION: Dear
    Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.

In response, I can confirm that the update from Viera Cast to Viera Connect has now been released for your television.

I am pleased to confirm that an update for the 2010 models of Panasonic televisions has now been released, which will rectify some of the phenomenon experienced with these models.

In order to do this, please visit our FAQ page on our website and search for ‘2010 Viera’, the top result should be ‘Software update for PAL 2010 Viera TV’s’. Please click on this and follow the instructions in order to install these updates.

Below is a link to the FAQ section of our website:

www.panasonic.co.uk/faq

We trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0844 844 3852 or email us using the following email address:

customer.care@panasonic.co.uk

Kind regards,

Richard Ramsdale
    Customer Communications Advisor
    Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH
    Registered Office: Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8FP, UK
    Registered in England & Wales - Branch No. BR015033

Do you need some help in locating Panasonic consumer or accessory items?
    Why not try our Web site at
    www.pas-europe.com
    or by telephone
    Customer Care 0844 844 3852
    Fax: 01344 853213
    Email: customer.care@panasonic.co.uk
    Most major credit and debit cards accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

wow this would be great if they sorted out the EPG – somehow I don’t believe they will but I will wait and see what happens
    My TV also has moved to software ver. 2.515 from ver. 2.505. I have downloaded 2.509 and will await reply

Actually I might also drop them an email and see if I can get a reply – the more the merrier!
    I also spotted someone else with the same TV on Boards the other day so I will see if they want to join in the fun!!

Posted this on AV Forums earlier. Thought you guys might be interested:

After further digging I've discovered that the software version 2515 which my TV self downloaded is the recommended software for the CIS TX-LR42D25 as per the Panasonic site. Strange that a D25L Ireland model has self upgraded to the CIS 2515 software, especially when the Panny site says it should be on 2509 for the TX-L42D25L

Got a not very helpful reply to my email yesterday - I will get back to them for more

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry regarding your television.

In response, a re-set to shipping condition may solve this problem. To re-set the television:

• Press MENU on your remote control • Select SETUP and press OK • Select SHIPPING CONDITION and press OK • Choose to confirm that you wish to carry out this procedure and press OK

If this does not solve the issue with your television, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will endeavour to assist.

• Advertisement

Got a not very helpful reply to my email yesterday - I will get back to them for more

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry regarding your television.

In response, a re-set to shipping condition may solve this problem. To re-set the television:

• Press MENU on your remote control • Select SETUP and press OK • Select SHIPPING CONDITION and press OK • Choose to confirm that you wish to carry out this procedure and press OK

If this does not solve the issue with your television, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will endeavour to assist.

Where are they coming from? Do they think that a factory reset will set up a 7 day EPG or activate MHEG5?
    As far as I can see, the only way to solve both of the above options is to include UK in the set up menu. Anything else would be useless since the MHEG5 profile used by Saorview is unique to the UK & Ireland & the 7 day EPG will only work if the TV is set to read the EPG data from the relevant Freesat transponder. I already have it tuned in but the TV sees it as a data channel but cannot read the files. As I said profile ver: 2515 is set for the CIS nations, this profile won't read the Freesat EPG data & if MHEG5 is included it's probably the wrong profile for us here:(:mad:

More info:
    Response to item I posted on the Panasonic Viera Facebook page, didn't really think I would get a response.
    "Panasonic VIERA TV, I think this update will be the following;
    http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/tv/download/fw/down_eug20.html
    And about your request, I will transfer to my colleagues. (Spike Komatsu)"

The link brings you to the global update site for the software ver: 2505 - not much help really. The request was for a 7 day EPG or something like "My TV Scout" for the British Isles in Viera Connect, which would be better than what we have now.

More info:
    Response to item I posted on the Panasonic Viera Facebook page, didn't really think I would get a response.
    "Panasonic VIERA TV, I think this update will be the following;
    http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/tv/download/fw/down_eug20.html
    And about your request, I will transfer to my colleagues. (Spike Komatsu)"

The link brings you to the global update site for the software ver: 2505 - not much help really. The request was for a 7 day EPG or something like "My TV Scout" for the British Isles in Viera Connect, which would be better than what we have now.

Great stuff
    I will keep an eye on the FB page also

Advertisement