Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey for thesis

Options
  • 06-09-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

Would it be okay to post a series of questions on Irishness up on Boards, for my thesis? It just dawned on me that Boardsies may come out with really insightful things!

My thesis is a series of journalistic articles on the subject of Irishness and what it means. I'm conducting interviews with people around the country, but posting on here just dawned on me.

Where would be best to post it? Do I have to seek permission?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yes you have to seek permission, usually from the forum mods of the forum you want to post in.

Where to post?

That really depends on the subject area of choice.

I'd say that Humanities will provide you with some good responses. The people visiting that forum are generally 'thinkers'. However, it could skew your results because of the demograph visiting. Your survey would want to be well structured to determine the level of education and social background that the responder is from.

Another forum you could try is Politics but only if your survey is related specifically to Irishness as a political identity.

You could use SurveyMonkey or similar to generate your survey and then link to it on the thread (with the mods permission of course).

If the mods don't give you permission then try this forum. It's quieter but may generate some responses.

Just some thoughts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Okay, here's the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D5HFCR3

The subject area is so broad, I could post it anywhere on Boards and be confident of getting interesting answers. I don't want to be overwhelmed with data either though! I'll certainly try Humanities and Politics to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭The IRgAy

Mr. K wrote: »
    Would it be okay to post a series of questions on Irishness up on Boards, for my thesis? It just dawned on me that Boardsies may come out with really insightful things!

My thesis is a series of journalistic articles on the subject of Irishness and what it means. I'm conducting interviews with people around the country, but posting on here just dawned on me.

Where would be best to post it? Do I have to seek permission?

You lost me here.:rolleyes:

Advertisement