Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non EU student fee policy - ACCA course

• 06-09-2011 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi people!

Just like everybody else even I've got some doubts which I want to clarify. Hope that you guys will help.

Well, I'm planning to go to Dublin for an Accountancy course (ACCA). I'm actually studying the course here in Dubai and would like to switch to Eden College or may be City Limerick College would do. The reason I picked these two is because of the low fees as compared to other colleges.

The thing is that in their prospectus they say, Non EU students need to pay all their fees at the time of application before applying for the visa.

What do they actually mean? They want me to pay the 2.5 years fee up front? or even on yearly basis would do?

I'm a little confused here and would appreciate if somebody helped.

Cheers
    Aakash John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭masoodsarwar

for Visa purposes, U have to pay the full course fee in order to show that you are serious to complete your course and U wont leave it after starting it (or may be to have positive image for immigration)
    but I think for ACCA one year fee (4 papers) will do. Its better if u pay college €6000 as this will make your application attractive.
    This is all I know.
    this is what I did, and this is how I got visa.
    and secondly for ACCA, rather than taking the college for lowest fee, select the college renowned for ACCA education (gold or platinum status) even if it is expensive otherwise your visa application has more chances to get rejected.
    Hope I answered your question.
    cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 aakash

for Visa purposes, U have to pay the full course fee in order to show that you are serious to complete your course and U wont leave it after starting it (or may be to have positive image for immigration)
    but I think for ACCA one year fee (4 papers) will do. Its better if u pay college €6000 as this will make your application attractive.
    This is all I know.
    this is what I did, and this is how I got visa.
    and secondly for ACCA, rather than taking the college for lowest fee, select the college renowned for ACCA education (gold or platinum status) even if it is expensive otherwise your visa application has more chances to get rejected.
    Hope I answered your question.
    cheers.

Thanks Masood for your reply.
    I definitely will go for the colleges which has either platinum or gold status with ACCA. And not the ones with no track record. I'm actually planning to stick with Dublin City Colleges.

Anyhow may I ask which college you're studying at? which city?

Advertisement