Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non EU student fee policy - ACCA course

Options
  • 06-09-2011 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi people!

Just like everybody else even I've got some doubts which I want to clarify. Hope that you guys will help.

Well, I'm planning to go to Dublin for an Accountancy course (ACCA). I'm actually studying the course here in Dubai and would like to switch to Eden College or may be City Limerick College would do. The reason I picked these two is because of the low fees as compared to other colleges.

The thing is that in their prospectus they say, Non EU students need to pay all their fees at the time of application before applying for the visa.

What do they actually mean? They want me to pay the 2.5 years fee up front? or even on yearly basis would do?

I'm a little confused here and would appreciate if somebody helped.

Cheers
    Aakash John

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hi,
    I have moved your thread to Postgraduates, rather than Graduates.
    I would encourage you to call the colleges directly and confirm.
    My understanding from my brief time working in a college that offered professional accountancy is that you must apply for the course, if offered, you must pay your full one year fee, and then once you have done that they issue you a letter that you can bring in order to apply for your student visa. This changes from college to college though so check.

Eden College is based in Dublin and the city has a higher cost of living than Limerick, but Limerick is slightly out of the way and might not be the excatly what you're looking for / expecting.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

I don't know about them colleges, but others who run ACCA allow you to register 'per module'

So your fees are as high as the classes you enrol on.

I don't know if there is a limit because of the visa application.

I know people doing ACCA and done one two or three subjects.

They only paid for the classes they attended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 aakash

Actually ya, I got a reply back from the college saying the fees must be paid in full for one year before applying for a visa. That makes sense.

The problem with Dublin City Colleges is that they charge way way too much for this course. A few colleges are pretty decent, but they don't offer the whole of ACCA course.

Anyway, thanks for your replies. Much appreciated

Advertisement