Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inland Diving

Options
  • 05-09-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

So with the Winter approaching very quickly Diving in the Sea will become increasingly difficult due to weather conditions, so a lot of divers hang up their gear untill the weather gets better. However people dive all year round in the UK etc. in inland sites.

So what inland sites do people know of in Ireland, of course we have Portroe but thats just a little bit out of my way, being from Dublin. So does anyone know of any other sites around the country availible for diving.

I have been looking at finding a few new sites to dive in over the coming months, one of which I have been looking at, and I have been in contact with the ESB to see if diving could take place in, is the Leixlip Reservoir, obviously Blessington lakes is out of the question due to currents etc. but there has to be more lakes, rivers, reservoirs, disused quarries etc. etc. that are accesible for an investigation to see if diving is worth it there.

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Anyone at all ?!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 drOverflow

Lough Ennell in mullingar (no dive club/compressor available there asaik)

Athlone (lough ree) again, not sure what story is with compressor/gear but there is a club there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 paul o

I have done a couple of dives in Blessington Lake (with permission of course) and it is completely NOT worth the effort. It is PITCH DARK down there, as most Irish lakes would be due to the peat content from the mountains.

Think of the worst vis you have ever had in the sea, that is 10 times better vis than what you have in Blessington. Even with a torch pointed on your computer and the backlight illuminatedyou still cant see anything. The bottom is pure silt and everything is done by touch only

If I wasnt searching for something, I would ahve canned the dive TBH

Advertisement