Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writers' / Writing Groups in Wicklow / Ashford

Options
  • 04-09-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I write fiction, but not consistently enough to create anything of real value. I have this notion that I would write more consistently if I socialized with other writers more often. No one in my family or circles of friends write and most aren't even interested in reading. I would love to get to know some non-experienced and experienced writers.

Are there any writers' groups in Wicklow town or Ashford (near Wicklow town)? I've just moved to Ashford recently and would love to get to know other local writers.

Kind regards,
    Warrior Monk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ben Moore

Hi Warrior Monk,

we could all do with a kick in the ass if we want to write. I'm down the road from you just passed Lil Doyles, if you find anyone else willing, post here I'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Warrior Monk

Hey Ben,

I got a PM from someone in Wicklow too who is interested, their name is Storker.

So that's 3 of us.

Ben, what are you writing at the moment?

I'm working on my first novel, I hope to be finished it in the next couple of months.

Warrior Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 38 olive2

Hope this is of help!:)
    Wicklow Writers Group
    Meet: Kilmantin Arts, Wicklow Town.
    www.wicklowwriters.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I'm up for starting a group. living in tinahely, but don't mind the drive.

OK how about the three of us meet up for a pint next week, no pressure on the writing front but just to test the waters, have a chat about what we are working on and what sort of structure to put on the group?

Unfortunately I have no car so Lil Doyles would suit me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

Sounds good.

Stork

Yeah I'm in. I can meet lil doyles. Let me know when and what time and ill be there.

Yeah I'm in. I can meet lil doyles. Let me know when and what time and ill be there.

Would Wednesday at 8 suit everyone?

Yeah I can Do that. See you there

Yeah I can Do that. See you there

I can't, unless you're all still there after 10.30. But all next week is like that for me (unexpectedly temporary change of working hours), so I'll probably have to make the follow-up (assuming there is one).

Hope it goes well!

Stork

• Advertisement

Sorry guys I forgot completely about a previous engagment i have on Wednesday. Can we move it to Thurdsay instead?

I can do Thursday night. No problem.

I'll pop in late on Thursday on the offchance that you'll all be unable to shut up once you get started.... :)

Stork

Did anyone turn up earlier? I got there about 10:20 but there were only three regulars watching telly.

Stork

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You've got to exchange phone numbers for these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

I imagine that between eight and half ten that pub had a stream of writers coming in, seeing nobody but the three regulars, waiting twenty minutes in case anybody else showed up and then heading home.

My fault, completely, I sent Storker a pm too late because everybody else had pulled out for thursday night.

Sorry man.

Ben Moore wrote: »
    My fault, completely, I sent Storker a pm too late because everybody else had pulled out for thursday night.

Sorry man.

I was in the UK all day and stopped in on my way home from the airport, so I hadn't had a chance to check messages. Doesn't matter though; Lil Doyles is only about 10 minutes drive from my house, so it was no big deal to swing by and look in. I'd been up since 3.30 am, so I wasn't exactly unhappy to be continuing the journey home... :)

I don't see your PM, though, which is puzzling.

Stork

Advertisement