Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do I need to apply for C category driving permit?

Options
  • 04-09-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭

I recently passed my theory test for trucks, and I want to apply for driving permit in category C.

According to citizensinformation.ie you need following documents with application:
    Completed application forms should be accompanied by:
    • Two identical passport-type photographs with the reverse of both signed by you.
    • An eyesight report. Download an eyesight report form (D.502) (pdf). This form is also available from your Motor Taxation Office or you can request form D.502 by post through CitizensInformation.ie. A completed eyesight report form must accompany all first time learner permit applications. A registered ophthalmic optician or a registered medical practitioner should conduct your eye test. He or she should then complete the D.502 form and witness your signed declaration on the form.
    • A medical report. Download a medical report form (D.501) (pdf) (must be printed back to back on one page). This form is available from your Motor Taxation Office or you can also request form D.501 by post through CitizensInformation.ie. A registered medical practitioner should carry out your medical examination and then complete the form. You must sign the declaration on the medical report form in the presence of the registered medical practitioner.
    • Your current or last driving licence and, if you have one, your current or last learner permit. If your most recent learner permit has been lost or stolen, you must complete a lost licence declaration (Form D8.A) which is available from your local Garda Station. You must submit the form, signed and stamped by the Gardaí, with your application for renewal.
    • Your driver theory test certificate.
    • The appropriate fee. If you are applying for your permit by post, pay the fee by cheque, bank draft or postal order, made payable to your local authority. If you are applying for your learner permit in person, you may pay the fee in cash.

I have no doubt about most of these items, except from eyesight report and medical report.

1. By eyesight report it's stated the following:
    A completed eyesight report form must accompany all first time learner permit applications.
    This will be indeed my first lerner permit application for category C, but I've already provided my eyesight report for my driving licence. Do I still need to do report again, even I've done it only 3 years ago when I applied for my driving licence?

2. Medical report. I know it has to be provided for every bus or truck licence, but I already hold D category licence, and I've already provided medical report (3 years ago) which stated that I'm OK to drive vehicles in categories C and D. I'm sure they still have it in the motor tax office. This report provided me with D licence for 10 years, so considering it's been already 3 years since, it should be valid for another 7 years for truck.
    Am I not right?

Advertisement