Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those who are getting Dead Island

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Like the sound of the reviews, hearing about bugs isn't a problem when they follow by saying the rest of the game is so good you'll over look the problems. Bugs are often a problem with large sandbox games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

ScumLord wrote: »
    Like the sound of the reviews, hearing about bugs isn't a problem when they follow by saying the rest of the game is so good you'll over look the problems. Bugs are often a problem with large sandbox games anyway.

Didn't stop fallout from being amazing so here's hoping!

New GameTrailers video review is up!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-dead-island/720225

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Is this going to be on the PS3?

Is this going to be on the PS3?

Yup, Friday is its release date mate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

its had a really rough time with critics today lol
    And apparently deservedly so, (they released a dev version instead of the proper final version on steam for pc users in the states)
    But i still cant wait to play it at midnight on thursday!

Edge hated it - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/317905/dead-island-review-3/10-in-edge/

giving it a nasty 3/10
    I'm hoping that was the dev version they got!

• Advertisement

its had a really rough time with critics today lol
    And apparently deservedly so, (they released a dev version instead of the proper final version on steam for pc users in the states)
    But i still cant wait to play it at midnight on thursday!

Edge hated it - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/317905/dead-island-review-3/10-in-edge/

giving it a nasty 3/10
    I'm hoping that was the dev version they got!

Edge gave dragons age origins a 4 and borderlands a 5... They are critical with alot if things, so don't listen to edge(just jealous of Bono so he hates on everything lol)
    But yeah, a dev copy huh? Shocking ain't it!! I could care less once my copy works lol and then I'll have RAGE a few weeks later. Bliss...
    I've got like 10 games to get by the end of this year!

planning on grabbing Rage myself, i just hope the AI lives up to what they've been saying its going to be like :)

planning on grabbing Rage myself, i just hope the AI lives up to what they've been saying its going to be like :)

Well from what I heard, the enemy has the classic Fps "constant respawn till you pass a point" so it'll be quite the hectic time, especially on higher difficulty and later levels. I know doom eff'd me up alot when I was only a few tears old so I have hopes for ID!

I'm still not sure about how RAGE is a semi racing game lol Im not to into racing games, but out of all the demo's I saw, the shooting and visuals were amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got this today. Absolutely love it. It has its glitches but definitely quenching my thirst for a zombie survival game.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Got this today. Absolutely love it. It has its glitches but definitely quenching my thirst for a zombie survival game.

Go on, give us a review.

• Advertisement

Fallout meets Borderlands meets Zombie Survival :D Too busy playing to write up a full review but I'm loving it. Almost 6 hours in i'm still on chapter 2. Great setting, zombies, weapons, missions (some are stupid like a woman asking for her teddy half way across the island but its meant to show you people are breaking down and can't handle Z day)

Each zombie model has 10 layers of flesh that the devs created so every time you hack, slash or pummel them, you will see different damage. Very satisfying!

Highly recommended. oh, i'm playing on ps3. No glitches so far. I heard PC users getting a lot of glitches.

yeah the PC version is ghastly.
    I bought spacemarine and dead island, and have played through spacemarine twice. and about 2 hours of DI.

The scenery is beautiful - but there seems to be a lot of input lag, clunkiness in moving around. Also if you kill 3-4 zombies in the same place, the engine stalls and the fps drops to single figures. Disgracefully bad for a pc game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'm experiencing the odd bug, but nothing as severe as the poster above me! Only on chapter 1 though.

Worth getting or no?

PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Over the last 4 years the only game I dusted the xbox off for was Red dead and it was a little dissopointed -

Its a year on - Is Dead Island worth Redusting the Xbox off for again?

is it just the same repetive crap over and over? Whats online like if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Anyone else really bored of the game already?

I found that it got really repetitive and dull quickly. Very glitchy the further into it you got.

As last week wore on I just stopped playing it and started waiting for GOW3 instead (far far superior game)

Methinks Dead Island is on it's way to being traded in towards Fifa 12 next week.

It is worth it. I'll give a quick over view for you

Story is obvious, it is it's weakest point, it is not much worse than alot if zombie flicks but a few twists would have been nice.

Actual game has some depth, the weapons and exploring are huge, alot to offer and great in general. The world is huge.

Zombies are decent, from the trad slow zombies to the fast infected stylings of the 28 series.and then the l4d style crazy zombs also. Very decent.

The game has easily 40 hours worth, including side quests. And if you enjoy exploration, alot more.

Graphically the game us hit and miss. Landscapes for the most part are nice, decent colour pallette and apart from pop ups, it's nice. The human characters looks not so good, very doll and lifeless. But still not the worst.

Glitchy, sadly it is. Like most 1st person open world it has alot of bugs, but if you play on ps3, select singleplayer (offline) with being signed out of psn, and 99% of the bugs are gone.confirmed.

Generally I would give it an 8 out of 10 which is what most places give it.

I'm 18 hours in on Act 3 (of 4) and loving every minute of it. Have all the side quests done so far squeezing every bit out of this game. Only 2 glitches so far with lag lasting about 2 seconds each so 4 seconds out of 18 hours ain't so bad :). I'm playing on PS3, I'm hearing PC users are sufferring a bit more but devs are constantly working on patches I hear.

I got it for the 360, and I think the L4D games are far better in terms of gameplay, graphics, glitches and tension.

A poor storyline (which this game certainly has) can be overlooked if the gameplay is good, but too often the gameplay is a bit meh during the game for my liking.

The graphics on the 360 are pretty average at best, certainly not at the level that a major game release in 2011 should have imo.

The game is nowhere near as good as the hype about it might suggest, and I wonder if the zombie element was taken out of the game and replaced with aliens, how many of us would have rushed to buy it?

Cheers Kess. Was going to get it today. Now I'm back on the fence. :p

• Advertisement

Got to play a bit of it last night, it was taking some getting used to bit mad that I can't just switch between joypad and mouse during the game. I've been using an xbox controller so I might give KB/M go go tonight.

Haven't had any major problems with it, controls are a bit clunky. During combat it keeps locking onto the zombie I've already dispatched while I'm getting attacked by something else.

Cheers Kess. Was going to get it today. Now I'm back on the fence. :p

Maybe rent it at Xtravision for a night or two. That way if you like it you can go get it, but if you don't you have not bought something you don't think is great.

Wish I thought of that advice sooner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

it is if u have 3 friends to play with, not sure what it be like with randomers

It's kind of funny the way the people you find asking for help don't seem to mind I pay more attention to robbing all the stuff from their bags before actually paying any attention to them.

Unfortunately my plans for the weekend have changed so I picked up a copy of it. Not bad so far. Any PS3 players looking for a co-op game?

Advertisement