Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PP v Betfair v Bet365

Options
  • 04-09-2011 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

Which of these are better in -

- easy layout to follow
    - best prices
    - Live betting prices/markets

PP annoyed me the last night with their carry on with taking down the UCD v Drogs match, couldn't cover myself. Did any of the other sites take it down?

I want to change site now anywho. Which do you think is the best?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I covered my arse on bet365 last night.
    Always handy to have a 2nd account for that kind of thing.
    Bet365 dont pull a match as quick as PP does.

betfair i have looked around but i just dont understand that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

For me:

Horse Racing: Betfair - decent odds, great back and lay market.

Football:

- Single bets - Betfair - odds usually more generous
    - In-Play - Bet365 - More options, easier to navigate and many more selections
    - Accums - Bet365 - Many more options and much easier to do multiples than Betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

inforfun wrote: »
    I covered my arse on bet365 last night.
    Always handy to have a 2nd account for that kind of thing.
    Bet365 dont pull a match as quick as PP does.

betfair i have looked around but i just dont understand that one.

How is Betfairs site? Easy to use? Suppose I could just go for a look myself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,276 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I thought I would give Bet365 a go today, so deposited £20, which I used on the in-play market in the last ten minutes for Iceland U19's to win.

Iceland duly win (after 15 mins injury time :eek:), yet two hours later still nothing back into my account.

I use betfair a lot, and they pay in within seconds of the result. Its ridiculous Bet365 take so long. The problem of course being that I am missing out on other bets because my money hasnt been returned,

No more deposits for Bet365 from me.

I thought I would give Bet365 a go today, so deposited £20, which I used on the in-play market in the last ten minutes for Iceland U19's to win.

Iceland duly win (after 15 mins injury time :eek:), yet two hours later still nothing back into my account.

I use betfair a lot, and they pay in within seconds of the result. Its ridiculous Bet365 take so long. The problem of course being that I am missing out on other bets because my money hasnt been returned,

Log out and log in again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Your money is there it just takes a while for the amount to update, if you click on deposit as if you were going to make a deposit it will show you the current balance and your winnings are there, you can still bet its just slow to put the figures in the balance even though it knows the cash is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,276 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Axwell wrote: »
    Your money is there it just takes a while for the amount to update, if you click on deposit as if you were going to make a deposit it will show you the current balance and your winnings are there, you can still bet its just slow to put the figures in the balance even though it knows the cash is there.

Unfortunately, it wasn't there. The bet was listed as unsettled, and speaking to live chat they confirmed it was unsettled due to high volume of traffic. High volume 6pm on a Monday? Sure.

Does anyone else pay commision on Betfair? Just checked their and I pay 5% :(

99% of Betfair customers pay the 5% or very close to it. It does make some of the football odds very very very very close to Betting Office prices, if not worse at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Does anyone else pay commision on Betfair? Just checked their and I pay 5% :(

we all do

• Advertisement

I knew everyone pays it, but mine wasn't that high until I checked again today. Probably because I'm not long on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I knew everyone pays it, but mine wasn't that high until I checked again today. Probably because I'm not long on the site.

ya just make sure you take the 5% into account when trying get best odds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

How did you cover your arse in the ucd drogs game?

posts #1 and #2

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

By betting on UCD on bet365 when UCD was behind.
    Had the original bet made on PP (UCD Ht/DR FT if i remember correctly)
    Couldnt cover it on PP as they had all markets suspended.

That is why it can come in handy to have more than 1 account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

What's the story with Befair and being able to change the odds yourself???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Samich wrote: »
    What's the story with Befair and being able to change the odds yourself???

You can higher the odds in the hope that someone lays the bet but you might'nt get matched.

Basically you can pick what odds you want for something up to 999/1 but if someone wants lesser odds than you their bet jumps ahead of you in the que.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Up until now I have done all my betting in the bookies shop on the high st. I am looking into opening an account on bet365, (it is 90% football bets I do) What are the maximum bets you can put on? I also heard if you have any bit of success at all they will cancel your account, is this true? Thanks.

Advertisement