Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 1.6 hdi timing belt

Options
  • 04-09-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Folks,

I have 79000 on my 407 1.6 HDi, would 80,000 be the right time to get the timming belt changed and what price should I be expecting to pay approx?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

lgflynn wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I have 79000 on my 407 1.6 HDi, would 80,000 be the right time to get the timming belt changed and what price should I be expecting to pay approx?

Thanks

240,000kms or 10 years is the interval for those...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lgflynn

Great, so no need to worry about it for another few years, thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

No harm in doing it now though, it's fairly cheap to change a timing belt.

Great, so no need to worry about it for another few years, thanks for the reply

You should have it checked every couple of services though as something like an oil leak onto the belt would drastically reduce its life.

barura wrote: »
    No harm in doing it now though, it's fairly cheap to change a timing belt.

Depends on a persons perception of cheap I'd say...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 lgflynn

What price should I be expecting to pay? No oil leaks at the moment.

What price should I be expecting to pay? No oil leaks at the moment.

Around the 400 mark give or take for a full kit with water pump would be a reasonable price.

Advertisement