Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making The Switch - Whats the most cost effective to convert from ps3 to xbox?

Options
  • 04-09-2011 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

I am looking to make the change from Playstation 3 to XBOX360. The main reasons that i want to change are that most of my friends play XBOX Live and I have heard that XBL is simply a better service. I understand that its subscription based and i would like to pay a once a year. I have a 120gb slim PS3 in perfect condition and if I was getting an XBOX i'd want no less than 60 gb. I also have a 40gb PHAT PS3 with the yellow light of death and no shop will take it. Where should I go to trade-in/buy?
    Thanks in advance,

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Gamestop are offering some great trade-in deals at the moment. Just make sure to buy the 250GB version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

I would avoid trade in. They give you pennys in comparison to what you can get on eBay for it. I sold an 80GB fat PS3 for 150 Euro with 3 games and a controller a few weeks ago on eBay with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

Gamestop are offering some great trade-in deals at the moment. Just make sure to buy the 250GB version.
    why should i buy the 250 gb version? im sure 120 gb will be enough. it was for my ps3

oneill787 wrote: »
    why should i buy the 250 gb version? im sure 120 gb will be enough. it was for my ps3
    If you were to buy a brand new slim you only have a choice between 4 GB and 250 GB. The only way you could get a 120 GB is if you were to buy a used elite, as I don't think they're in production anymore. It might be possible to buy a 4 GB Slim and get a 120 GB hard drive elsewhere but I don't think Microsoft produce them. The main reason for the large hard drives whether on the slim or the older versions of the xbox is for installing your games. This means your xbox's disc won't have to spin while you play which lowers chances of damage to disc and reduces chances of your xbox overheating and it also means your xbox will be nearly silent. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Check prices if trading. If somewhere has the 360 cheap then trading in may be the best idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

thanks, anybody know what i should do with my 40 gb phat (yellow light of death/broken) ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

oneill787 wrote: »
    thanks, anybody know what i should do with my 40 gb phat (yellow light of death/broken) ps3?

e bay it..

^

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ebay your PS3 or wait for a decent offer on adverts.ie

The 120g is out of production, buy you can get it senond hand easily enough for a very good price. I have one and have never needed a 250g hard drive.

Advertisement