Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car dealers open Sunday's

Options
  • 04-09-2011 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi folks, does anybody know of any car deals open on Sunday's in the Dublin/Kildare area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I can't think of a single one.

Is there a particular car you're looking for, might narrow it down, or are you looking for service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

-Chris- wrote: »
    I can't think of a single one.

Is there a particular car you're looking for, might narrow it down, or are you looking for service?
    Beshoff motors howth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

It's kind of ridiculous that 99% of car dealers here are closed on Sundays - one day when the majority of the population is off work and they might actually get some business.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Elessar wrote: »
    It's kind of ridiculous that 99% of car dealers here are closed on Sundays - one day when the majority of the population is off work and they might actually get some business.

whatever about Sunday (and I'm writing this whilst my wife is at work, 3 Sundays out of 4 btw....)...what's even more ridiculous is the number that are closed mid-day on Saturday. Nuts.

When do they think people will get the opportunity to go and 'shop', exactly ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Didn't we do all this in a thread a few weeks ago?

• Advertisement

We do it every Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Elessar wrote: »

Unless you carry an unusually large amount of cash on you, how exactly do you expect to pay for a car on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Unless you carry an unusually large amount of cash on you, how exactly do you expect to pay for a car on a Sunday?

just sign the ................. line sir and its all yours:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I think the main issue is people don't get to go view cars on a Sunday when they do have the spare time.Garages would probably get a lot of timewasters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

For anyone that prefers to read the whole debate done previously, rather than go through it for yet another time, here's the last time we debated it and why it just doesn't work :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72980588

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

Merlin are open Sunday's are they not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

DoneDeal.ie? If you're looking to check out a car? But you can walk around most car lots just checking out stuff if that's your bag. Infact, I think I may go do that now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

tsoparno wrote: »
    just sign the ................. line sir and its all yours:p

And that line is on a finance document which belongs to...........wait, a finance company. And guess what? They're closed on Sundays too.
    I think the main issue is people don't get to go view cars on a Sunday when they do have the spare time.Garages would probably get a lot of timewasters though.

If you've no time to view a car during the week, ring the dealer, and make an appointment to view the car on a sunday, or even some evening during the week. Most good dealers should do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Beshoff motors howth

Has a nice red mini out there - slight water damage. :o

I guess, until the OP lets us know whether they're looking for sales or service, it's hard to help them...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cvisser

mrpants wrote: »
    Hi folks, does anybody know of any car deals open on Sunday's in the Dublin/Kildare area.

Howya Mr.Pants, ;-), we would gladly help you out and meet you at our Dealership - PM me for more info.

<modsnip - no contact details please>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

In my experience, dealers are happy to see you after hours if you sound interested. I'd imagine it would be similar at weekends.

Advertisement