Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hand held speed cameras

Options
  • 04-09-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Can anyone confirm if you are clocked by cop with hand held can you get fine through post ?? I know lot of info already posted this but most of it is a year old thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

A cop with a speed gun will pull you over on the spot, get your details and then you'll receive a fine through the post.

I witnessed this (as a passenger - honestly:)) within the last week. If you weren't pulled over, you weren't speeding or at least you weren't speeding by enough for the Garda to feel it warranted a fine and points.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

He can definitely get you through the post if he was standing with the just the gun, no longer needs to pull you over, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rilly99

He can definitely get you through the post if he was standing with the just the gun, no longer needs to pull you over, I'm afraid.

Yeah I had an idea as he was hiding behind pole no high vis etc -why go to all that trouble just to pull one car over and I imagine where he was ( malahide road at entrance of
    Golf club going into town 50 kph ) that he probably got 9 out of 10 cars speeding

rilly99 wrote: »
    Yeah I had an idea as he was hiding behind pole no high vis etc -why go to all that trouble just to pull one car over and I imagine where he was ( malahide road at entrance of
    Golf club going into town 50 kph ) that he probably got 9 out of 10 cars speeding

Lol, I'm sorry I was only joking. He has to pull you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Have we got Robocop in Dublin? :D. That's a lot of memorizing the poor fella has to do pre notebook!

• Advertisement

Lol, I'm sorry I was only joking. He has to pull you in.

That's ok everyone I spoke to said the same has to pull you over. Wonder what the point of it is , if he was standing out in high vis it would make people more aware but hiding ???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Here's another one,

If a gatso van is driving to a location can they have the camera activated? I.e. if you blow past a moving gatso van above the limit can you be done?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Here's another one,

If a gatso van is driving to a location can they have the camera activated? I.e. if you blow past a moving gatso van above the limit can you be done?

I'd imagine not, no.

I'd imagine not, no.

Neither would I but theoretically it is possible, no?

Here's another one,

I'd imagine not, no.

As far as I know they are only manned by one person so hard to see how they could do you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Neither would I but theoretically it is possible, no?

This would be near impossible I would imagine as the camera is not stationary. if you were just sitting behind a moving gatso van, it would register your speed as zero as you are not moving in relation to the van.

That is of course unless its linked into the vans speedometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Here's another one,

Traffic lad was telling me the new ones CAN clock you while moving. :eek:

MugMugs wrote: »

Fcuk! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

MugMugs wrote: »

BS! It's stationary RADAR in them they are not designed to clock while moving.

Advertisement