Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pool Opening?

Options
  • 04-09-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anybody know when the pool will be open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Latest official update is January but its more likely to be next May or September.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Where does the swimming club or waterpolo team train then? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

Id LOVE to get a job as a lifeguard at that pool

They used to train in Merrion School and Dundrum a few years back, but I'm not sure now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Couldn't see it opening until next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I can't wait until the new sports centre is open.

I really don't want to have to join Crunch again because it was such a dump last year. They knew they were closing so they never invested any money in the place at all and as a result some of the cardio equipment was always broken.

It was handy to waste time during the day between lectures though when there was ages to hang around.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

The usually train in the new pool in rathmines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is this the swimming pool they've been promising for like the last 10 years? I thought that was just a myth they told first years about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No, it's in the new student centre. Will probably be september before it's open though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Is this the swimming pool they've been promising for like the last 10 years? I thought that was just a myth they told first years about.

Have you not seen the massive building work going on and the mega signs saying "New 50 metre swimming pool"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Smeefa wrote: »
    Id LOVE to get a job as a lifeguard at that pool

I'd love to get a job as lifeguard in any pool! :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have you not seen the massive building work going on and the mega signs saying "New 50 metre swimming pool"?
    I haven't been near the place since May so no.

I haven't been near the place since May so no.

The building work was going on all through last year, however.

As you can probably tell, I rarely venture out of the Arts block.

Seriously though, I knew about the construction work on the new student centre but didn't know it included a pool.

Advertisement