Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass bottles

Options
  • 03-09-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Anyone know where I can buy glass bottles in Cork. I want to make a large batch of hot chili sauce and want to buy about 6 or so bottles with tops. If not, any online places I might be able to buy a small amount as that?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

why not use an empty bottle of screw top wine.Do not know about bottles but you can get small jars with swing rubber lips in loads of places.would do the same job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Try that home store shop below in Mahon Point Retail Park.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Aldi currently have bottles of Spanish extra virgin olive oil in lovely seal-able bottles. Might be worth getting a few and decant the oil into something else or use it as a base for chilli oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Id suggest go LIDL buy the non-concentrate orange juice. Its in 1 litre glass bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 locaoimh

kub wrote: »
    Try that home store shop below in Mahon Point Retail Park.

Yeah I tried there today. Felt it was a good chance but no luck I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Id suggest go LIDL buy the non-concentrate orange juice. Its in 1 litre glass bottles.

1ltr would be too big for my needs.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Aldi currently have bottles of Spanish extra virgin olive oil in lovely seal-able bottles. Might be worth getting a few and decant the oil into something else or use it as a base for chilli oil.

Yeah I may have to do something like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Unless you're planning to resell it, it'd be easier to stick your sauce into a large jar(s) and decant into a bottle as you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I can offer you some jam jars (with lids) if you want them. PM me if so

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

Heatons have some handy jars with tops that can sealed

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Why don't you try posting an ad on cork city freecycle - it's part of yahoo groups. Excellent website!
    I'm sure I have seen good quality glass jars and re-sealable bottles in TK maxx recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I have a few bottles with screw tops that you are welcome too, they hold 355ml each and still have the lids.

Advertisement