Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie brewer temperature too high

Options
  • 03-09-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys, I'm new to this lark, but I'm enjoying reading up about it all. The one issue i think i may have is that i've read a lot about keeping the temperature constant at about 18C. The only space i can use to keep the fermenter is in the corner of the kitchen and the temp in there is always above 20C (i bought a room thermometer to check!)

Am I gonna always end up with funny tasting off-flavours in my beer? Should all beers be brewed at the same temperature or will i be ok with ale/stout/wheat?

:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Temperature doesn't have to be constant, but if it's going above 24 on a regular basis, don't ferment there. Anything in the 17-23 range should be fine. Darker beers will cover off flavours better than pale ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 diamondhead

Great. Hopefully I'll be alright then. I'm off to order a nice red ale kit to start with.

Thanks BeerNut :D

Advertisement