Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Bfbc2 unplayable

Options
  • 03-09-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi im having alot of trouble with bad company 2 on pc.there is fps drops all over the maps and i seem to have a way better setup compared to a xbox 360 this is my set up
    q9400 @ 2.66ghz
    4gb ddr2 800 mhz
    9600gt 512 mb ddr3
    600w psu
    gigabyte mobo
    my setup seems like it shud be able to run bfbc2 but ive tryed everything even all the tricks in "settings.ini" all settings i put to low but it seems like theres a major flaw in this game i get the same 20-30 fps on low settings dx9 but get the same fps on high settings i dont understand.all advice would be a big help and i will be upgrading for bf3 but i just want to play bfbc2 until its released.ive played through the single player in this game aat med settings perfectly but online i struggle to run at lowest.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Have you turned off Vsync?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

post your monitor resolution and what your exact settings are...the 9600gt isn't that powerful but depending on your rez you should be getting close to 40 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭BULLER

Graphics card is the weak link there buddy. I'd definately look to upgrade that before getting BF3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AirsoftAndy

thanks for the replys guys heres the settingd from settings .ini

[WindowSettings]
    Width=1024
    Height=768
    Fullscreen=true
    RefreshRate=60
    VSync=false
    [Sound]
    Quality=low
    VoipEnable=false
    SpeakerCount=0
    [Graphics]
    Effects=low
    Soldiers=medium
    Vehicles=low
    Overgrowth=low
    Undergrowth=low
    StaticObjects=low
    Terrain=low
    Shadows=low
    Bloom=false
    HSAO=false
    MSAA=0
    Water=low
    MainQuality=custom
    Texture=low
    DxVersion=9
    Aniso=0
    Detail=low
    RenderAheadLimit=0
    Fov=70
    And would any of yous know of any good gfx card deals that will run bf3 at med settings would gtx460 do the job?? tnx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Andy my specs were quite similar to yours and I was getting 40-50 at medium @ 1280*1024
    Phenom x3 8650 @ 2.7<<<Your q9400 should be way better than this Phenom
    Radeon 4670<<<your 9600gt should be better than this.
    4gb Ddr2 800

Just wondering is something else holding you back because you really should be able to get a decent game in with these specs especially at 1024*764

Have you tried Fraps to get an idea of your frame rates.

The other thing I noticed was to force dx10 over dx9--I got better fps in dx10 than dx9.

http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/bfbc2-tweak-guide

Good tweaking guide here^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AirsoftAndy

Thanks so much hellrazer i changed dx 9-10 and now gettin 60+fps compared to 20-30 finally now i can get into this game thanks for all the comments guys :P.

Advertisement