Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game server

Options
  • 03-09-2011 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

anybody know how you would go about setting up a server for red orchesta 2
    i want to host myself not a online server

dont know if this is the place to ask but.....
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Games is a beter place I woulda thought, aslo, is it not a bit early for that. Its only in Beta.

If you have some old desktop sitting around its probably not going to cut it FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Games is a beter place I woulda thought, aslo, is it not a bit early for that. Its only in Beta.

If you have some old desktop sitting around its probably not going to cut it FYI.

i was thinking games but i wasent too sure....
    well i have a computer , in which im going to play the game on , i was going to use that is i was going to host ...

i just realy want to know how you would go about it ,
    is there a server edition of the game that you buy or what the story!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The whole idea of a host, is just that, its the host, not a client.

Some games can handle client host combos(CSS would be one example) but in general you want a dedicated box, especially for a new high spec game. Also, unless you have a VERY good connection(in which case the chances are you wouldnt be asking such a question) you wont be able to support many players on your line, so the whole idea is kinda pointless.

What the story with the host application is nobody can tell you, as it hasnt been announced, its too early yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

may be a bit early , looks like such a good game , i was checking the prices for a online one and there quite dear! €350+

Advertisement