Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal address not recognised by companies

Options
  • 02-09-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello all,
    We recently moved to a new rental address in Wexford town. It is a semi-detached house at least 50 years old. Our problem is that no companies, (Internet suppliers, Tesco deliveries, Sky etc. ) can find it on their maps. They can find the street and other houses on the street but not ours, (or apparently our neighbours).
    The road has a number of different businesses and seperate terrace housing. All the rest can be found on google maps etc.

What can I do to get this sorted? i.e. does the council register properties or something?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd imagine its an An Post issue perhaps, as its likely their database that the likes of Sky, Domino's Pizza etc etc use for premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

your electricity MPRN number is registered to your "legal" address. my postal address which I give out is the simpler of the two however with tesco i have to use my mprn address.
    worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

An post use a Geo Directory so you should be with them,try this http://address.anpost.ie/precisionaddressanpost/precisionaddresspost.aspx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

An post use a Geo Directory so you should be with them,try this http://address.anpost.ie/precisionaddressanpost/precisionaddresspost.aspx

GeoDirectory are a nightmare to deal with. They make up their own rules, and their decision is final.

I've tried my best to have my address corrected (since no companies could find us), but no such luck. Our ESB, Bord Gais, UPC systems all use our correct address (the same one), but GeoDirectory still has a different address and won't update it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 donegal100

Hi all, I contacted An Post who told me to contact the land registry. The lady there said to contact the Ordinance survey. I've sent an email asking what to do.
    An post have the address on their system. The Voting register have the first line correct, but the wrong street, (in that the street they have is a continuation of the one we're on).
    It's all very strange given that the house appears to have been built in the 50's. (We're renting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Maybe ask your landlord?

I'm sure they'd know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

What is the street\location ?

Just been told by Ordinance Survey that the Council's tell them of addresses. So I have sent letters to the Borough and County Council asking them what they propose to do.

Answer from Borough Council is they don't "do" anything. Why am I not surprised?
    I'll keep pursuing it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

donegal100 wrote: »
    Answer from Borough Council is they don't "do" anything. Why am I not surprised?
    I'll keep pursuing it though...

Talk to Joe maybe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement