Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Sheds

Options
  • 02-09-2011 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

45101.jpg

Another where-is thread. My wife is hot to trot to get a shed for the garden. I've only seen the ones at B&Q and Woodies but none of them are the best size. Really looking for something like above (4' wide x 2-3' deep x 6' tall).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭RichT

Looks like the ol' Thunder Box...

Portaloo.png

Seriously though, have you tried Steeltech on the Headford Road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Those plastic shed/cheap argos sheds are pure muck..............get a good decent strong one from a local co like this - it'd outlive you....

http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=4554694&ad=1701106

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Another +1 for SteelTech. The B&Q type ones are rubbish and way overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Guys, I called StellTech but they won't do anything that small. In a semi-d with small garden so quite specific as to what will fit my dimensions.

Argos actually had a few options but they are expensive. There was one at B&Q that was 6'wide....maybe I could do a job on it and shorten it to 4'.

Any other ideas other than my bad one above? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Does it have to be that high?
    B&Q does garden storage chests for 30E
    Won't fit a mower but pretty much everything else.

0000004019411_001c_v001_zp?$160x160_generic$

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Does it have to be that high?
    B&Q does garden storage chests for 30E
    Won't fit a mower but pretty much everything else.

Well the space I have is about 130cm until I hit a still growing tree. A low storage unit like that might squeeze behind the tree but the branches will interfere with opening the top. Could work... that's out plan B (plus it's cheap)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

Caulfields in Oranmore do a range of them storage sheeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There's a place that does wooden sheds not far out on the Tuam Rd (next to Babyworld) and also one in Kilcolgan.

Are your priorities cost,size,looks,security,weatherproof ? (you could get some plastic sheeting and rob some pallets someplace !!)

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    There's a place that does wooden sheds not far out on the Tuam Rd (next to Babyworld) and also one in Kilcolgan.

Are your priorities cost,size,looks,security,weatherproof ? (you could get some plastic sheeting and rob some pallets someplace !!)

I sorta think anything custom is going to be more than the €100 B&Q shed. I could do a job on it, mess up, get a second one, do a job on it and it would still be cheaper than the cheapest shed from a custom lot. Don't you think?

Priorities are cost, size, weatherproof.. doesn't have t be pretty or secure. Just going to be garden junk in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

newkie wrote: »
    My wife is hot to trot

I wish you both a very pleasant evening.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement