Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic Trackpad

Options
  • 01-09-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭

Lads, anyone got one of these and if so how are they working out?

I've hooked my MBP up to an external display but am missing the lack of gestures with my mouse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

dubmick wrote: »
    Lads, anyone got one of these and if so how are they working out?

I've hooked my MBP up to an external display but am missing the lack of gestures with my mouse.

I've one. I like it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Me too, surprised how quickly I got used to it......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Have one too, luv it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Got mine about a month ago.
    I don't know where my mouse is nowadays and I haven't had any reason to look for it.

Might get one for my MBP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Right, I'll pick one up at the weekend then. Thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭squonk

Yup, I got one 2 months ago. Have completely forgotten about my mouse now. I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Why would you need one of these if you have a MacBook Pro? With the exception with use with an external display of course? Which I'm sure is still not nessacary unless you like to use the bigger external display as your primary monitor.

I'm getting the money up myself for a Macbook Pro. And then hopefully the thunderbolt display to compliment it at home. But I'd probably just use the trackpad most of the time on the MacBook I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭squonk

If you're buying a new MacBook Pro or have a macBook post 2009 I think, then there's no need for the magic trackpad. The trackpad is for older MacBooks or iMacs etc. that do not have the new style touch pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

squonk wrote: »
    If you're buying a new MacBook Pro or have a macBook post 2009 I think, then there's no need for the magic trackpad. The trackpad is for older MacBooks or iMacs etc. that do not have the new style touch pad.

You're missing the point. He wants it to use with his MBP hooked up to a monitor and the lid closed - you can't use the built in one as a result and need either an external mouse or an external trackpad.

OP I have this set up it works well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Anyone here use two? I've started using an external mouse on my MBP again, and have found myself using my trackpad when in PS and editing code... Do you think replacing my mouse with a second trakpad would help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

No.

Had I been in a different mood, my post would have had a ;) on the end. As it happened I thunk I'd see how many would call me out on the idea.

27534_140826749263086_4129_n.jpg

I've had my fun and that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Have been thinking about getting one of these for my Mac Pro to replace my mighty mouse. I miss all the nice multitouch stuff from my MBP when using the Mac Pro. Does anyone use one every day for a full day's work and how has it worked out?

(Sorry to hijack your thread, OP)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I have one for my MBA. I find it better then a mouse, but I keep falling back into the habit of using the trackpad on the MBA. Sometimes I use both at the same time.

Hobbes wrote: »
    I have one for my MBA. I find it better then a mouse, but I keep falling back into the habit of using the trackpad on the MBA. Sometimes I use both at the same time.

Can't see the point of using one with any macbook, surely it's only duplication. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Can't see the point of using one with any macbook, surely it's only duplication. :confused:

I find it easier to navigate with where my mouse hand should be. Also I can rest arm on the desk better vs the MBA location.

Hobbes wrote: »
    I find it easier to navigate with where my mouse hand should be. Also I can rest arm on the desk better vs the MBA location.

That's a good reason.
    I guesss for years and years I have had a laptop of some sort rather than a desktop, so don't have a "mouse hand". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I have bene using one at work for 2 months now. I like it, but i find i get wirst strain on it after heavy use.

Advertisement