Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic coupe wing

Options
  • 01-09-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if a wing from a 96-00 civic hatch will fit the coupe version? Putting a New wing on friends coupe Saturday morning and wanna know as I have a hatchback wing in the shed here.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

mondeo wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if a wing from a 96-00 civic hatch will fit the coupe version? Putting a New wing on friends coupe Saturday morning and wanna know as I have a hatchback wing in the shed here.

Thanks

Been a while since I worked for Honda but if I remember the coupe was out on its own with regards to most panels.There a part number on the old wing you have in the shed?I still have some of the old parts catalogues saved in the job.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks

Been a while since I worked for Honda but if I remember the coupe was out on its own with regards to most panels.There a part number on the old wing you have in the shed?I still have some of the old parts catalogues saved in the job.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

There is no part number on it, none that I can see anyways unless this is some spurious panel I have here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're the same I think

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They're the same I think

Your right, they are the same. Found some part numbers online and they are identical ;). Happy days I dont have to go wandering around breakers now tommorow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

The wings are different from a 96-98 Pre-Facelift Civic to the 99-00 Facelift Civic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

The wings are different from a 96-98 Pre-Facelift Civic to the 99-00 Facelift Civic

yep, they are the same but as above make sure you dont have a facelift wing before you take off the other of visa versa. i found it out the hard way a bit ago!!!

if you have anymore questions gimmie a shout co s i only did this about a month ago. theres pics on the "what i did to my car today" thread. Link : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73665971

the skirts are tricky

The wing came of a 97 3dr hatch and the coupe is a 98 pre face lift so it's all good.

• Advertisement

you're good to go so.

Damokc wrote: »
    yep, they are the same but as above make sure you dont have a facelift wing before you take off the other of visa versa. i found it out the hard way a bit ago!!!

if you have anymore questions gimmie a shout co s i only did this about a month ago. theres pics on the "what i did to my car today" thread. Link : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73665971

the skirts are tricky

Is the wing a bastard to get off?

Does the side skirt have to slide back to get the wing off? I know on the accord you have to get the skirt to slide forwards as the wing wont come off unless you do.

Is the wing a bastard to get off?

Does the side skirt have to slide back to get the wing off? I know on the accord you have to get the skirt to slide forwards as the wing wont come off unless you do.

The wing itself isn't that bad to get off, its the plastic arch liner that's the tricky bit. the heads of the plastic push in screw things will probably break off but they still work after and there 2or3 proper screws anyway.

There are 3 bolts under the wing near the headlamp,they're a bit tricky but if you want there's just one bolt on a bracket that goes onto the headlamp mounting the can be taken off.

The skirts slide forward once you undo the three plastic push screws underneath and the few screws under the mud flap. there will be white clips then under the skirt. its IMPOSSIBLE to put the skirt back on by sliding back the opposite way, as these clips rotate. You can gently twist these out though by squeezing both sides with something thin to get in close near the bodywork.Then just pop them onto the skirt and push it onto the car again.

One thing before you take it off though is mark the position of the old wing with a marker or something and put the new one back in the same place to keep the same shut lines.

Well? how did ye fair out today?

Not too bad at all. Ye the spashguard under the arch was fiddly but other then that no real hassle, got it lined up nice and straight so you would never know it ever had a new wing:)

Advertisement