Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need help on alloy tyre sizes?

Options
  • 01-09-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I was given a set of 17's with the size...225 45 R17, regular standard Vw Golf Alloys. Ive had one though thats torn from local road works,it was quite worn anyway.

My point is that my brother has a 205 40 R17 that he doesnt use, great threads but obviously a little smaller.

Can i use these until i get some jubblys for some new 225 45 R17's?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

i wouldnt as it will be different to the other tyre on the axle. if your stuck for money maybe consider a part worn tyre? will be about €40 fitted

p

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

Well he does have an actual set of the 205 ones. But i think the max i could take is two..I could put the larger ones on the back and increase grip?

or am i just sounding crazy?

Where could i get part worns from?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

they would be ok but probably too narrow on those rims

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

Well he does have an actual set of the 205 ones. But i think the max i could take is two..I could put the larger ones on the back and increase grip?

or am i just sounding crazy?

Where could i get part worns from?

where u based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

205/40's would be too low a profile for a golf IMO. If you are really stuck you could pick up part worns from a decent supplier for very little.

• Advertisement
Advertisement